New Kits and water

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyssaloy

Reaction score
First I want to share my excitement with people who will understand!
Our oldest doe just had her first litter yesterday! There are 9 healthy babies and we didn't lose a one of them! She's a great mama and I even got to see her feeding her babies today! Very very exciting stuff :)

So here is my question: When and how will the new kits start drinking water? We are currently using the nipple waterers but will the babies be able to use it as well? Or should I hook up the bottle for them to use?

I know this is early, but I just want to be prepared :)

My "barn" rabbits are on an automatic system with stem valves. The kits learn how to use them from their mothers. My valves are at 8-9" from floor level, so they stand on their hind legs to drink.

The kits seem to imitate mom in my litters. No problems eating or drinking. It's amazing the places those little rascals can get to, and sneak out of :lol:
:clap: Congrats on the popples. Pics of the new litter, pleeeease :bounce:

Congrats on your new litter. It is so amazingly cute to watch little buns lick the bottle or eat f or the first time, with little bits of pellet/hay/greens sticking out their mouths.

MamaSheepdog":ueosc8er said:
My "barn" rabbits are on an automatic system with stem valves. The kits learn how to use them from their mothers. My valves are at 8-9" from floor level, so they stand on their hind legs to drink.

Can you post a picture of this ? Thanks!

Back