new here

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninabl

Reaction score
i decided to pickup soe rabbits to offset the food bill a little bit. just tryinng to figure out the breed. the seller told me he a new zealand whites but they have some marking on them. there still young. the buck is the one with the dark ears and spot on his nose. the doe pictured is solid white and may be a new zealand white. the other 2 does (not pictured) look like the buck but have grey feet. maybe a californian nzw cross? i figured if it was a californian the color would be darker? lol
new here and new to rabbits. thanks!

Attachments

• Photo0811.jpg
    Photo0811.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 770
  • Photo0812.jpg
    Photo0812.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 770
  • Photo0807.jpg
    Photo0807.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 770
Nice rabbits. I myself breed New Zealand Whites and Californians and have provided several of the two types to the Franklin area in the past few years actually selling to TSC at one point. I just live up the state a bit in Butler County. If you ever need any help or advice let me know. I have a 40 hole rabbitry and love to help anyone just getting started in the hobby.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I built the cage in the picture and the day I brought home the rabbits i decided I was going to need something bigger. I plan to build a 10 hole setup in the near future. Just got to get the money together. Thanks everyone.

Wow, that's pretty neat. You converted a chest of drawers frame into a stacked rabbit hutch. Very clever and crafty!!! ;)

Welcome to the forums.

I was going to the gas station one night and saw it sitting on the side of the road in a trash pile. Had to grab it. We took the drawers out and built a wooden frame to hold the cage wire. The doors are built from wooden frame pieces for a old sleigh bed that was trash. I paid 15$ for a 10 foot roll of cage wire and about 4$ for the hinges and latches. So I have less then 20$ in it. I'm building a divider for the top and one for the bottom to make it a 4 hole hutch but all this rain we have got today is slowing me down.

Just be sure to watch the ventilation. I know in the heat and humidity we receive if they dont have some sort of steady breeze they will easily have heat stroke and their is also the possibility of amonia build up if not kept cleaned which can cause respiratory problems.

Thanks for the info. Its hard to tell but it's sitting where the only sun that hits it is late afternoon sun. It's open on the bottom so all droppings fall out the bottom.

Back