New here

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New here. Hi, I raise Champagne d'Argents. Mostly for meat but my breeders come from show stock. I have raised Dutch and New Zealands in the past for meat. I prefer these because they are more docile.
Welcome! I really like the Champagnes, I was torn between them and Silver Foxes. I ultimately went with the SF myself but those Champagnes sure have beautiful furs!

Welcome! I really like the Champagnes, I was torn between them and Silver Foxes. I ultimately went with the SF myself but those Champagnes sure have beautiful furs!
They sure do. And I do like the meat. I haven't had much experience with silver foxes. A friend has started raising them and I hope to get to visit.

My next step is to decide what we want to do with the pelts. I have the knowledge but not sure if the time is right to pursue that yet.

They sure do. And I do like the meat. I haven't had much experience with silver foxes. A friend has started raising them and I hope to get to visit.

My next step is to decide what we want to do with the pelts. I have the knowledge but not sure if the time is right to pursue that yet.
I'd love to utilize the pelts as well but being new to raising rabbits and meat production, for now I'll just dehydrate them for dog treats until I have a good rhythm down. But I am hoping by next year to start delving into tanning. I'd love a Silver Fox blanket!

Latest posts

Back