New Growup Pen

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Add two metal bars spaced out where the water will sit. The area will sag, rust and break easily w/o support.
How's the roof made? If it's clap board style, you need to use silicone on both sides to keep water out.
Otherwise, looks good.

:shock:
The roof? Umm... I have no idea. :oops:
I'll ask Dad. When it comes to building things I'm lost. I just leave it up to him. :)

It could be some kind of wainscoting.
I know when I made my 3x6ft hutch clap board style to match my house's siding, roof leaked like mad. Then I found out even the siding of my house had silicone to keep water out. opps

I was sitting here trying to remember if Dad told me what it is then I got a super smart idea! I'll just run outside and ask him! :slap:
He said it is just vinyl siding.
It has rained since we put them in there and I checked on them after it was done and all were still dry. The food in the feeders was still dry too which I was super pleased about! Course my buns are on the best part of the property. The house is right behind them, there is a huge bush on the right, and some trees on the left. One tree has branches that spread over where the growup pen is. It's rather nice. Not fool proof of course, but it is the coolest place in the summer. Not one sign of heat stress all summer! :p

Duh, vinyl! Lol, didn't even think of that! Doesn't look like it, lol.

Go Dad! What a nice surprise.

I agree with CnB, I would either switch to water bottles, or put some kind of support running under the cage for that water trough.

Latest posts

Back