New Does to Breed

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightnin1960

Reaction score
I've got 6 does that will be of age to start breeding soon. I was wondering how many days should I wait between putting a new doe in with the buck. setting aside the part of seeing when there ready to except him

I would check their lady parts and if their ready I wouldn't wait anytime, that is, if you want 6 does to be prego at the same time.

I did a search and found that a healthy, vigorous buck can be used 2 or 3 times in a week, up to 4 weeks. Maybe 2 does one day, one day off for the buck, then 2 more, etc. Also read on here, that best time is in the morning or early afternoon. Plus the more does that are serviced in one day, it becomes less likely that you could get big litters.

I'm new, only had one doe which the buck got her two times (magic number is 3 fall offs), but got 4 lovely kits (lion heads) at 31 days. Hoping someone one with more experience can chime in. Like Grumpy, who has a successful meat production. I know he's started some threads discussing meat production.

Karen

I bred my 2 mini rex does to the same buck on the same day. Both does gave me a litter with 5 each.

Just like any mammal, There body can only produce so much sperm, so if you over breed your buck you will get small or NO litters. I would say if you breed 2 in a day you are safe. But I would give them a few day break then before breeding the next two. Give the guy time to reload. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back