New corral

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is something with rabbits being together you just don't get from separate hutches :)

I wish I'd been aware of this way of keeping rabbits when I had Zplit. He got to meet and compete against other rabbits at jumping shows and even met a lady *lol* but had I been here before he'd probably have a companion or weaned kits or something. Well, he ended up living his last years with a girl (being neutered) so I guess it sorted out :)

Lovely bunny piles! And I smiled when I noted the hayracks :p

MaryAnn, I have "rag" towels down in the corners and that is where they prefer to go ... they will pick one back corner or the other and pile up on the towel in the other corner. After I take the babies out to the runout pen to spend time with the does, I just pick the towels up each morning, stuff them in a 5gal bucket and shake them outside, then run through the washer/dryer. After they get going, I go back in and sweep up the rest of the mess (poops, hay, spilled pellets, oats) after I empty out the waterer, pellet feeder, dishes, salt block/dish, etc. As for odor control, I wipe the tyvek bag bottom down with vinegar/water and it controls the odors. I have a second set of towels to put down and by the time the kits come in at sundown, everything is cleaned and ready for them :cheesysmile:

I haven't had to "litter train" them at all ... even the smallest ones that are only 4 weeks old will go from the water to the turquoise towel to potty ... they get "that" look LOL ... and then go off to snack at the oat dishes.

Latest posts

Back