New babies!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyldrose

Reaction score
Broken black mini rex bred to broken tort lionhead
7 babies! Looks like 1 self black, 3 broken blacks and 3 charlies.

Sunflower making her nest :)
010-43.jpg

7 babies!!
014-51.jpg

Pretty mama and pretty popples!

It will be interesting to see who get manes! Make sure to post more pics as they get fuzzy!

If that black gets a mane that may be my keeper! Kids are at school so they will be excited to meet them when they get home :) They start Spring break tomorrow. So these guys will get lots of love!
I have homes lined up for 3! Trading a buck for a holland lop and a family wants 2 does as pets. We will probley keep 1 or 2.

Sunflower is the best bunny ever :) She's a sweety!
Looks like everyone got fed while I was at work :)
024-18.jpg

Brokens
026-23.jpg

Different colors? Maybe a tort or a blue?
025-17.jpg

Charlies
027-23.jpg

black (I think we are keeping her :) )
029-13.jpg

After reading about the condtions Charlies can have 2 went to FC (snake food) this morning.

So these 5 get to grow up :)
005-65.jpg

I think the black is a girl, she has nipples and very small spacings between her "bits". My daughter named her Black Beauty :)

They sure are nicely marked little guys. :)

I have never seen a broken with as much color on the head as Sunflower. I am surprised none of the kits have heavily marked heads. :?

So, what are your plans for the kits not kept for breeders? Pets, snake food, or meat for you?

I want to try meat rabbits, I have time to decide what to do with them lol! I guess if they are small like the buck, he is 2lb 14oz, them meat or a coule of my friends have large boas. My boa is just a baby still the 1-2 day olds are as big as she can eat right now. The remining charlie will likely be a pet here as well. My daughter named him Charlie(I think it's a doe too). I can sex newborn mice and be 100% right but bunnies... lol! I need more practice!
2 does go to a friend who wants pets and my other friend wants to wait until I breed my female lionhead to my lionhead buck. She breeds hollands and I'll get a holland doe as a pet only from her. She had a really nice tri in her last litter so I hope she gets another :)

I might keep a buck from this litter and eat the surviving buck from the 1st litter, which was the plan until the dog killed my keeper buck.
The brokens look more like their Dad's markings then the Moms. Her next litter will be to my chocolate rex mutt boy, so hopefully we get some that look like her.

If you keep a buck and Charlie-doe (?) you could breed them and you might get maned Rex. I just bred my Gen I "Leonis Rex" doe to her brother, and am hoping for the same. :)

Yep :) I was even thinking of a maned male bred to one of my rex does to :) Or a maned buck from this litter bred back to the doe I'm keeping from the 1st litter. That doe is huge so she'll be a good brood doe :)
I have a MR and rex. I think my rex mutt guy is MR sized. So if I want to eat them I'll need to get some size there. I had a cali buck lined up to be delivered but haven't heard from them! Since the weather has cleared up I'll start bugging them again lol!

I started with a LH buck bred to a small (undersized) Rex doe. Kept two kits, and bred the doe to a blue Rex. She has a litter of three in the nest, and I just bred her to her brother. I will keep a kit (or two :twisted: ) from each litter and breed them to one another for Gen III.

It is a fun little project, but I am going to be pretty strict about culling each generation as the next comes along due to cage space. I gave my original LH buck Kingston to a friend that has a MR doe, and the original LH doe is in the fridge right now.

9 days old!!
1 buck(left) and 4 does, we are keeping the self black and charlie, the 2 broken does have a home lined up and not sure what will happen to the buck!
023-18.jpg

Yikes! :eek:
I want that one... and that one... and that one... I'll take them all! :p
:lol:
So adorable! I am a sucker for brokens. :roll:

Back