new babies...5 days late.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffeenutdesigns

Reaction score
So much for trying to breed 2 does at the same time. I had 4 babies 5 days ago and my other doe just kindled 7. Small litters, but I am happy to at least have babies after the crappy breeding season I've had. It's a good thing they are both being good first time moms because I don't think fostering would have worked so well when they kindled so far apart.

On the plus side, my new breeders are showing promise and I have 3 more young does I'll feed through the summer and hopefully this fall will be better than last year.

__________ Thu May 29, 2014 9:47 am __________

Now my problem is that I have brand new babies on a hot weekend and I'll be gone for 2 nieces' graduations in 2 different towns (one is in Ft. Worth and I'm in way out nowhereville west Tx) leaving the kids and hubby in charge of the rabbits...and the one kid who is usually my "animal caretaker" is having teen attitude issues at the moment. Maybe a cash incentive will be necessary. <br /><br /> __________ Thu May 29, 2014 9:50 am __________ <br /><br /> and I know the drill. I'll get pics as soon as mom is settled down and I'm sure she's done.

Congrats on the litters! :D
Anyway to give the buns some frozen water bottles to snuggle with? Maybe have a stash in the freezer so the family can pull thawed ones out and put fresh ones in once a day? I have also heard of people setting up fans for the bunnies ;)

Luckily, my rabbits are mostly acclimated to hot temps up to about 97 degrees if I spray the ground and mist them a bit. I do frozen water bottles, but having them and the kids and hubby remembering to USE them are entirely different matters. I'll have to set alarms on my phone to remind me to call and remind them or something.

Latest posts

Back