Never give up right?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyldrose

Reaction score
So my buns have decided to breed when I don't plan a litter lol! Daisy had 9 babies on Sunday, 2 runts passed away and I culled the other runt today(it had not ate yet). I went to bring the remaining 6 inside for the night(it's getting cold) and only found 5 in the nest box. I had to cut the baby wire on her cage door to get the nest box inside(she's not in a cage I typically have litters in) and didn't think about it. Of course one baby a little chestnut "hung" on and got out the nest box. I found it across the shed ice cold and barely moving. I put him onto a baggy of warm water and watched it come back to life!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dq-8_Qy ... e=youtu.be

Good job! I rarely manage to get bunnies that young to recover when terrible things happen to them. I keep telling myself to build a dropped nestbox kindling cage, but haven't done it yet. Wild bunnies usually have their litters at the bottom of a hole for a very good reason, I'd guess.

yes never give up!

I haven't been successful in reviving kits but I never stop trying... Great job!

You should name that little sucker Lucky ....

That was a good idea , thanks for sharing it.

Miss M":khy837wx said:
I have yet to succeed on one that actually does appear to be dead.
hotzcatz":khy837wx said:
I rarely manage to get bunnies that young to recover when terrible things happen to them.
Blackmoriah":khy837wx said:
I haven't been successful in reviving kits

Never give up!

I've actually had quite a bit of success in reviving very cold kits so it does work. I used a freezer size ziplock (but I've always had more than 1 kit to revive) i placed a thin towel between them and the plastic and a second ziplock of warm water on top to get both sides of the rabbits at once.

Baby made it thought the night :) I am warming up the nest box inside now and just before I got to work I'll pop them back out with their Mom. It's supposed to be 50-60f all week. At night it's been getting just below freezing, so I'll keep bringing them inside until they are nice and furry. This time last year we had knee deep snow! Halloween was so cold. I ended up driving so the kids could run to the van to warm up between houses.

Good job! Came out the other morning to find 7 kits "dead" on wire, and very cold. Decided to bring them in and warm them up and feed them off to one of the snakes, and one moved a leg, so I decided to let them thaw and see what happens. 6/7 came to live. 5/7 made it to day 5 now :)

Latest posts

Back