Netherland dwarf colors - help please :)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FluffleFarm

Reaction score
C6E17054-4F9E-443E-AA7B-0F430B85F3DB.jpeg

so I’m pretty sure beautiful is silver marten since her underbelly and behind ears is white, not tan.

Which makes hopper a black otter.

bashful would be a blue otter? But does that ring around her neck do anything?

Breezy would also be blue otter?

I know nothing of their histories as they person we got them from didn’t do pedigrees/didn’t provide them. Two of them are related… beautiful and breezy are mom and daughter.

is hopper brown or white.. in the images looks white. bashful a vienna marked otter THOUGH if you don't know the parentage might be the dutch gene at work as well. Breezy looks to have a nose snip which is the vienna gene at work. She looks to be an otter as well though perhaps not as clearly defined.

Sorry to fall off the earth. We all go Covid (hubs me and 3 kids 7 and under and ones a newborn) so I’ve been surviving 😳 we’re better now.

So our does have been bred but he is a young buck so we will see if any took in about a week.

They are all skittish —the place we got them from was seemingly not the best with personal care :/ their poor nails were horrid. Anywho, I hate to mess with them a week from birth AND skittish so I’ll try to get better picks without man-handling them.

Latest posts

Back