Nesting? (Video Included)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is Oswin. From my records she is on day 26 now, but I put her box in early, because her sister "B" is due for her box today. "B" looked at the box like what the hell am I supposed to do with this? Haha.

Oswin on the other hand hopped right in, and this what she's doing.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08c6vfPJrws&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Nesting? I also noticed her tummy is hardish, and round. Sort of feels like she swallowed a ball.

That wouldn't convince me she's actually nesting. Mine do this with their hay when they want to pick out the good stuff. For mine, nesting involves at least rearranging hay either by burrowing/nudging or carrying it in her mouth. Not saying she's not bred, but I wouldn't see this activity as a confirmation.

Looked to me like she was eating it ....

Nest box looks kinda big for her , she might lounge in it and suffocate the kits. I've made that mistake .... and it cost me 12 of 14 kits in my very first litter.

She almost looks like she's rearranging it, but it's not very deleberate. Mine are tossing it around or moving it with their feet and eating it, but it looks like they aren't happy with it's placement. Not that they really want to build a nest, but like they have an itch to rearrange things. But I still have no babies:(. One of the videos I had watched showing movement like mine just responded to my comment on YouTube tho, and his doe had 6 babies! So I am STILL crossing my finger and all my toes!

One of my does kept eating her litter out of a home. :x :lol: :lol: Even though she had a full hay rack, it was just easier to eat what was covering the kits. But every morning I'd walk out and find that she had pulled hay from the rack to cover them when it got cooler at night. Silly doe. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back