Nesting Time

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SatinsRule

Reaction score
Heading down the home stretch, it looks like Allie is ready to get on with it:
Nesting Time Version 1 (640x480).jpg

Nesting Time Version 2 (640x480).jpg

From nesting to resting, looks like she needed a breather:

Nesting Time Version 3 (640x480).jpg

this is my wife's favorite part of the process, she is always so intrigued when they build their nest, we have one doe who will work herself to the point of exhaustion and practically collapse and then get back up an hour later and do it all over again. :)

I love watching them nest, too! They are so intent on the process and they look so comical with their mouths full of hay. :)

Hope you have a bunch of shiny little popples soon!

I've seen my doe nesting tons of times, however I've never once thought to try and snap a picture.

I think that's my favourite part of having them in my room, being able to constantly watch them.

Anxiously waiting to see the babies!!

She's not "due" until Saturday, which usually means I'll be waiting until about Tuesday or Wednesday. LOL!!!

I don't know that I've ever had a litter born on the 30-day mark. ;)

Good Luck over Weekend and hopefully it will be on time. I was surprised big time when Luna went exactly 31 days. She must of known how excited and nervous I was for her. lol

Karen

I may have spoken a little too soon. Allie is pulling fur as I type this.

My birthday is Saturday, so maybe this will be my birthday present!!!

__________ Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:24 am __________

Looks like she had 5, and one didn't make it. The others appear to be doing fine, though, and I'm hopeful that they do well from here on out. Mama Allie appears to be doing a good job with them.

Allie's Litter Day 1.JPG

Congratulations!!! I hope to have some by next weekend myself! These will be my second litters after the summer heat sterility.

Congratulations! So glad to hear Allie and the babies are doing well. Sorry about the loss of one of them though.

Hope you keep us updated! Can't wait to see when the babies get fuzzy!

Karen

That's too funny! Avril had to outdo Allie.

But both girls gave you such a lovely birthday present!

Karen

2 litters born on time. Who'd have thunk it?<br /><br />__________ Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:54 am __________<br /><br />Avril finally let me take a pic of her litter:

Avril Litter Day 1 (640x480).jpg

Stuck in that mass of red fur are 8 babies!!!

Avril did an amazing job with her nest. She's sounds like a good protective Mom. Can see a little face though. lol

Congratulations again. 12 beautiful reds on your birthday must have been a joy! Hope you post pics when they all get that beautiful red fur!

Karen

Yeah. I tried everything I could think of to coax her out of that box so I could get a day one picture, then I made the mistake of tilting the box. Bad move. She about went to guns on me. She spends alot of time in that box now. After I let her cool down for a few seconds, she was back to her normal "please pet me" self. She and her father are normally pretty calm rabbits and expect the litter to be much the same.

That fur mass stays at the back of the box. Allie did the same thing to a lesser degree. Probably allows them to get into/out of the boxes without tromping on the babies.

SatinsRule":2949umd7 said:
Yeah. I tried everything I could think of to coax her out of that box so I could get a day one picture, then I made the mistake of tilting the box. Bad move. She about went to guns on me. She spends alot of time in that box now. After I let her cool down for a few seconds, she was back to her normal "please pet me" self. She and her father are normally pretty calm rabbits and expect the litter to be much the same.

That fur mass stays at the back of the box. Allie did the same thing to a lesser degree. Probably allows them to get into/out of the boxes without tromping on the babies.

That's really interesting. Luna did the same thing, but since this was my first litter, really didn't know what to expect. Was just thrilled she made a lovely nest and did pull lots from her skirt and mane. The wool really made it a nice soft warm nest.

Karen

My first time mom insisted on keeping the kits in the middle of the box. I moved them to the back, but she moved them back to the middle. I could only wish mine had pulled the fur yours did. I've brought mine inside the past two nights after finding a cold one after the first night. Mama has not appreciated me showing up after dark and running off with her younguns. Young lady loves to be petted and is always at the cage door with head out, but now, she's got teeth.

Back