need to name my rabbitry

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lissapell

Reaction score
UGHHh I have been thinking and thinking and just dont really like anything we have come up with.
We are raising heritage rabbits as naturally as possible but are working on showing as well. We live in the south so I was trying to tie in those southern roots with heritage breeding as our farm will be all heritage animals.

My husbands suggestion
D.E. rabbitry = Delicious Edibles......um I dont think that would go over very well.
Big Bottom Bunnies = google lots of adult info comes up..........again not going to work

I like heritage hefties but it seems a little "redneck" for the type of breeding we are working towards.

Thoughts? Ideas? I need a name so I can open my website :cry:

TexasCharm":1kvnupil said:
Heritage Habits
"Not your grandma's rabbits"

hehehehe

:lol:

lissapell":1kvnupil said:
We live in the south so I was trying to tie in those southern roots with heritage breeding as our farm will be all heritage animals.

Southern Hospitality's Heritage Herds

I like to "brainstorm" by making lists of all of the adjectives that apply. Make a list and look your words up in a Thesaurus or google the word followed by "synonyms" for an online Thesaurus entry to give you even more ideas.

TexasCharm":2qptxqsa said:
Heritage Habits
"Not your grandma's rabbits"

hehehehe
Ohhh I like that!

__________ Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:44 am __________

MamaSheepdog":2qptxqsa said:
Southern Hospitality's Heritage Herds

I like to "brainstorm" by making lists of all of the adjectives that apply. Make a list and look your words up in a Thesaurus or google the word followed by "synonyms" for an online Thesaurus entry to give you even more ideas.

I have a huge list but I didnt come up with anything very good.

Southern Hospitality's Heritage Herds is nice too. Especially since Hospitality = eating around here :lol:

I like Kits and Grits, too. It applies to rabbits mostly though.

When I was trying to figure out the name for my rabbitry, I was hesitant to be breed specific in case I got other breeds in addition to Rex... and a good thing, too, since I now have multiple breeds. :)

Are you planning on other heritage livestock, or just rabbits? My base name of "Victory Garden" can apply to our produce, eggs, and other meat animals too if we ever start selling those as well.

Well you are far enough away that I would not worry... So the only name I could come up with is Heritage Homestead. :lol: I am not good at names! :roll:

Southern Roots Farm
Southern Traditions Farm
Heritage Herd Farm

I'm sure you'll come up with a great name :)

Back when I lived out on property with lots of animals we called our farm "What's one more". Like what's one more goat' rabbit, rabbit ,chicken or child.

Back