ND's at 5 weeks, cute litter.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackBunny

Reaction score
So I'm very happy with my last netherland dwarf litter, they seem to just get better and better.
I'm keeping the chocolate buck and the himi doe, the smoke pearl buck is sold and the last little red buck I'm undecided on.
The little girl is so small I'm thinking she would make a nice show bunny, her points are very soft but they are there, what do you guys think of them at 5 weeks.
6764509881_82b623c105.jpg

6764508753_ea154f7e04.jpg

6764510371_75fda64d97.jpg

6764509279_76bb85e50c.jpg

I have a doe with the same coloring as the last red buck, sable tort maybe? Was thinking of keeping him just the see what would come out of the pair.

What do I think of them?.........I think they are the most adorable things, especially the third one. Thanks for sharing.

I like the himi. She is still very young so a lot could change but she looks to have a nice head and ears size and shape wise but her ears are a little bit set outward instead of lining up straight....body can't really tell since she's not sitting up though. Points tend to take a while to come in, or at least on the ones I had, tempature affects them a lot too so if its colder-darker points warmer-lighter points to a degree of course. I think unless the computer pic is the issue, you have a siamese sable and not a chocolate. He's ok, nice ears, but he looks like he's going to be a long bunny as he grows out. I don't know what the parents look like or any thing though as far as line they're from so they could look quite different as an adult compared to baby.

Here are the parents, a black doe and a BEW buck, he is my best buck for size so for now I just see what he can throw me, I'm thinking about breeding his daughter back to him at least once.
Sorry best pic's I have of them atm.
6767901053_2ffdb86e23.jpg

6767902213_01d790912a.jpg

6767944259_d6d744d1be.jpg

I'm sure the sable comes from the father.

Thank you DV Lauren on the colour ID, could I show a black tort?
I have a doe just like him I named Wookie, I call the buck Chewbacca, they could make a nice line down the road, they look so funny.

Very cute!! I love the himi and the smoke pearl. Your buck doesnt look like a BEW he is a vienna marked.

My favorite has to be the third one, But they are all really beautiful! Oh only if I had more cage space would get me a couple NDs.. or a dozen...... could I keep them in a shoebox under the bed possibly? Hmmm.. :?

The parents are nice looking :) Look like a good match too.

The bew is a vm, like another post said. BEWs are pure white only, no color at all with blue eyes. Looks like a vm frosty but I''m not real sure on that one. There's a possibility that all the babies carry the vienna gene, which means they could produce miss marks (ones like blue eyed parent). If you decide to let some of them go, and some one wants them for breeding, make sure they know that as some people don't want that possibility to deal with. You can have a fab looking show prospective rabbit that can be shown because its a vm even generations down the road after getting no known vm's or vc's. Be sure to check their nails really well and wait a bit on eye color, if they have white nails or end up having blue or marbled eyes you cannot show them at an ARBA show. County and fairs may be different.

Back