Natural feeding meat rabbits=

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I butchered a doe today and noticed she had a decent bit of fat starting to build in her internal organs. She's almost one year old and had two litters of kits. She is fed a variety of weeds, some Timothy hay, alfalfa pellets and sweet potatoes in winter, a wide variety of branches, shrubs, and now garden trimmings as well as kitchen scraps (vegetable trimmings, salad scraps, fruit rinds, trimmings and cores, occasional crusts or heels from bread or leftover pasta). She would get oats in winter and barley in spring and summer, although I've given grain only every other day with the heat. I was concerned the buns would be struggling on this diet but they seem ok. Kits have grown out slower than on pellets but I've not been religious about monitoring protein levels. I feed what is in season and available and try to feed a wide variety at each feeding. Anyone have any thoughts? How much internal fat is normal?

Latest posts

Back