Mystery Pointed White

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyPocket

Reaction score
Hello everybunny.

We have these three 4 weeks old litters and one doeling that is by far the hardest colour for me to determin so far.

So, you see, she looks almost like a Chin Pointed White. But she's not Ermine/Frosty, she has red eyes. We are not aware of any Brown or Blue genes, however it's likely our mutts have them.

Here are her parents and their known genotypes:

Klempo, Sire: Aa B_ Cch D_ Ee

Sivka, Dam: Aat B_ cchd/ch D_ Ee

Erna, sister by both dam and sire, darker points (Black Pointed White)

Also, here is picture of the mystery doelings half brother (by sire, it's dam is our pure Black Cali)

We categorise this baby as Black Pointed as well, but the colour comes out a bit lighter then it is.

Sorry for blurry pictures, it's cloudy and raining all day :(

The rabbit is a himilayan/pointed white but instead of genetically being a self black (aa B_ ch_ D_ __) under the white fur it is a chestnut/black agouti (A_ B_ ch_ D_ __) like the father.

Dood":2whwbkxr said:
The rabbit is a himilayan/pointed white but instead of genetically being a self black (aa B_ ch_ D_ __) under the white fur it is a chestnut/black agouti (A_ B_ ch_ D_ __) like the father.

Thanks Dood. I never imagined Agouti playing such a major role in colours all in all. I mean, of course it's one of main genes, but still. So even when you have a phenotype that masks the acctual colour, you can tell if bun is Agouti or not.

Back