Mystery Bunnies!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bandits Bunny Farm

Reaction score
My sisters found them in the colony. I have absolutely no idea where they came from. They're at least 3 weeks old, the broken black is a buck and the Charlie........color is a doe.... They just appeared..... Megan just called me out to the backyard and said look! I have no idea where these babies came from

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 511
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 511
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 511
As creepy as this may sound, someone may have known you had rabbits and abandoned the two in your colony, hoping for you to take care of them.

That thought occurred to me, but we were in the living room most of the time (I had gone out there earlier), and we probably would have seen the door open and close, also, the dogs would have had a frenzy.

I think maybe my friends mini lop doe (that I'm borrowing to breed for them) actually was pregnant and she kindled somewhere in there (unbeknownst to anybody) and they came out of the nest. The little Charlie doe has the same color as the buck I had bred the doe to, the one I sent on a dinner date with a friend after he bit me. Funny thing though, we cuddled the bunnies in the house until not too long ago and they seemed like we've been handling them since they were born. But there is a Charlie, which means the buck WAS a broken pointed white.

Or it's a false Charlie. <br /><br /> __________ Tue May 05, 2015 7:38 am __________ <br /><br /> If they were born to a doe in the colony, wouldn't they be trying to nurse and such? They look younger than weaning age.

Wow, she must have hidden them really well!! Funny you didn't even know about them until they came out of the nest.
Where is her nest?? :shock:

Bandits Bunny Farm":1p80fc8d said:
No, they just appeared.
Had the same thing happen to me ~~ AND THE BUNNIES WERE IN THE HOUSE (in a 3x5 cage) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't find them until they were hopping about ~ sneaky mama bunny!

I've had piles of straw pop out 3-4week old bunnies in the colony. If you don't have a concrete floor you also have to look out for successful attempts to tear through the floor material, a mini rex got through 1" plywood, and make a buried nest. You are very unlikely to see 3 week old kits nurse in a colony. They don't do it that often and usually even less when people are around.

here is something that happened in my colony. A doe had kits and I had NO idea that she did and I was sitting in the pen when I felt a little nibble on my hand and out popped 2 3 week old kits. I later watch carefully and watched the doe dig crawl under the hutch, then when she was done, filled the hole back up with dirt so it looked like nothing was there!! that maybe what your doe is doing!

Latest posts

Back