My two year old maden doe finally popped out some popples!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowgirl9768

Reaction score
So I had this doe that just would not lift for a buck! She is my best doe with three BOB on her. But I just couldn't get her bred... Well after her last show when she won BOB I figured now or never. My friend had a really quite buck and I figured I'll just put them in together till they start fighting. Took a day before she would let him mount... They just chased each other....Four days later she started getting pissy and not letting him mount. So I took her home to wait! Two little babies! She did great! Pulled a lot of fur, had them in the box, not signs of struggle! YAY! But one may be a peanut.... Not yay! What are your thoughts. It is a bit smaller then the other but not as small as most the peanuts I have had before?

awww.. so cute :D

I have a proven doe that has not produced in a year of trying *sigh*... she is not that old either ;) ... your post gave me hope for her!

I don't think it's a peanut but time will tell.

It doesn't have any of the other markers like a domed skull, extra small ears, or extra stubby legs.

The size difference might be explained by having a true dwarf and a false dwarf - they don't call them BUD's and BUB's (Big Ugly ____ :mrgreen: )

Dood":2pjunadc said:
I don't think it's a peanut but time will tell.

It doesn't have any of the other markers like a domed skull, extra small ears, or extra stubby legs.

The size difference might be explained by having a true dwarf and a false dwarf - they don't call them BUD's and BUB's (Big Ugly ____ :mrgreen: )

Yes I hope! Actually one of my favorite does was a "big ugly" haha. And I loved it. It was so rare cause she won a few shows and was a great doe but she never ever threw peanuts! <br /><br /> __________ Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:09 pm __________ <br /><br />
jeannie":2pjunadc said:
I have a proven doe that has not produced in a year of trying *sigh*... she is not that old either ;) ... your post gave me hope for her!

Something that helped me was to put her on a lil died (cut her pellet amount in third and just gave her mostly hay), mix apple cider vinegar in her water every day starting a week before breeding, and then I took her to an overnight show. I took her straight from the show to her date :cool: . It did the trick!

cowgirl9768":2g0f6bl5 said:
Yes I hope! Actually one of my favorite does was a "big ugly" haha. And I loved it. It was so rare cause she won a few shows and was a great doe but she never ever threw peanuts!

I have a BUD but I love her because, well the only buck i have is a True dwarf so I won't get peanuts out of her. I got a runt that died after 2 days, but not a peanut. I had an experienced doe have an accidental litter (I didn't want to breed her but she had other ideas lol :twisted: ) of 4 the same day, so in hindsight I think if I had fostered the runt to my other doe he would've made it, because my BUD had 7 and my true dwarf doe only had 4 (with no peanuts), and I don't think the kit was getting enough to eat. Oh well. Next time I'll know better.

uh oh, always suck when they die... but it is a part of it. I'm just so happy. I was so worried breeding a 2 yr old maiden. So many rumors of pelvis fusion and stuck kits and not conceiving if they don't get bred before a year. Now all the myths are officially busted in my mind.

Latest posts

Back