My story’s timeline

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cosima

Reaction score
I am working on a book. I haven’t really written any thing yet but I have planed it out and I would loved your guy’s opinions on my timeline.

my book is a story about cats that live in three tribes. The mane character is a female brown seal point cat called Ivy. She is impulsive and not really confident but she is confident in battles and she likes the thrill of them but she knows that it is wrong so she hides it. she has a older sister called Wing and a friend called Ember that knows about herds but so far she has no other close friends. She is in love with a cat called breeze that is from a other tribe and like in the warriors that is not aloud.

the first few chapters will introduce the characters and ivy’s forbidden love and the tension between Ivy’s tribe and Breeze’s tribe.

then ivy’s tribe will do something that causes Breeze’s tribe to attack and in that battle Breeze gets killed by ivy and wing’s mentor and then Ivy attacks her mentor and accidentally kills her in a fit of anger (o i forgot to mention that ivy has times when her anger takes control of her) then she gets exiled and a cat called Aron finds her and he charms her into joining his tribe and since two cats she cared about died and she is not thinking straight she excepts. Aron’s tribe had been quiet and had stayed out of the other two tribe‘s conflict.

then it skips forward and you get to know the Aron is planning to take over his tribe and the other tribes and that Ivy is his mate and she is supporting this. After Aron takes over his tribe he plays the gentleman and asks her which of the other tribe she wants to take over first. She choose her original tribe to show him that she doesn’t care about them any more and he makes sure to capture her sister and friends with out hurting them but then he does something that makes her realize that he is actually evil. In the meantime Aron’s sister, blade gets close to Ivy while Ivy drifts away from Aron.

at some point blade and Ivy run away with wing and ember and they some how defeat Aron together.

other then that I haven’t can up with much but if I do write a other book then Ivy will have a son and he will cause trouble but I think I will only write one book.

What do you think? If you have any ideas to add to the story then please share them.

Hi Cosima,

I think it's great that you're writing a book. Writing stories is something that you can do your whole life that will bring you much satisfaction. I started when I was about eleven and I'm still at it sixty years later.

I read through your outline and you have a good sense of some of the things that are essential to a good story: vivid characters who have dreams and desires, and a good sense of the importance of conflict.

More attention to spelling and punctuation would make your work easier to read and more enjoyable. If you're old enough to write, you're also old enough to begin cultivating your writing skills.

When I was beginning, there were very few opportunities for young writers. I read everything I could find in the local library about writing techniques, but getting anyone except parents and teachers to read what I had written was difficult. I did have one friend who also wrote stories and sometimes we'd get together to work on our stories and trade ideas.

Nowadays, the Internet has opened up so many resources for writers of all ages. I think you would greatly enjoy and benefit from membership in a writing forum geared to young people. If you google forum for young writers you will find lots to interest you. Most of it is free.

Good luck with your writing journey. I hope you persevere with it and find much satisfaction and success.

~ MaggieJ

Writing is SO good for a person. Exciting! Don't let naysayer like me stop you. In fact, if you can't take any negativity at all, just stop reading right now. Really. It's just one opinion.
Now, you did ask, so, here comes the hard truth....I read every one of the Warrior Cats books with my kids, and Catwings series by Ursala LeGuinn. Warrior Cats kept my kids thoroughly engaged for a long time, until they saw the pattern. So, maybe yours would sell too. As for me, I got totally worn out by cat tribe stories. You might need to make it a bit more unique? In my opinion, the tribe soap opera format has been done to death. Also, if you put more time into the presentation of the idea (maybe that was voice text?) it might help potential readers engage, since you have made the effort and clearly want to communicate it to us. Keep writing! It's so very good to do.

Writing is SO good for a person. Exciting! Don't let naysayer like me stop you. In fact, if you can't take any negativity at all, just stop reading right now. Really. It's just one opinion.
Now, you did ask, so, here comes the hard truth....I read every one of the Warrior Cats books with my kids, and Catwings series by Ursala LeGuinn. Warrior Cats kept my kids thoroughly engaged for a long time, until they saw the pattern. So, maybe yours would sell too. As for me, I got totally worn out by cat tribe stories. You might need to make it a bit more unique? In my opinion, the tribe soap opera format has been done to death. Also, if you put more time into the presentation of the idea (maybe that was voice text?) it might help potential readers engage, since you have made the effort and clearly want to communicate it to us. Keep writing! It's so very good to do.
I also read Warriors

Latest posts

Back