My sneaky doe did it! We have wigglers!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueHaven

Reaction score
I stayed up watching her till one on the camera.. Had to go to bed as I am sick with a bad cold.
She had them between one and four this morning.
Nice little patch of brown fur full of little wigglers.
Weather much cooler now, so that's a good thing.
I will do a head count tomorrow I think. So Pleased!

Well, she had seven.. Two big chocolates, four smaller choc/otters, and one odd man out, looks white, blond, or, maybe lilac.
The buck was a blue otter, so probably be lilac. Sure has a blond sheen to it though. Could just be the pink skin giving it that cast
for now. also noticed one of the choc/otters, has a star on it forehead. Pretty litter, and it took a few days till I was convinced they
weren't going to starve. Doe did not seem to stay in the nest but for about ten seconds.. Caught her this morning feeding them a little
longer, and they no longer look wrinkly. Just gonna check them every other day or so now.

No harm in checking daily, BlueHaven. A lot changes in little kits in 24 hours. You'll catch a scrawny one in time to save it... one wrapped in wool...

My Dutch had an accidental litter this morning. I had her with her last litter too long and one of her sons is the father. Didn't know she was due so soon so she had no nesting material and had them on the wire in her plastic igloo. She looked like a plucked chicken as she kept pulling fur to build a nest. Problem was all the fur fell through the wire on to the waste tray. I gathered all the loose fur in a box and placed the 7 kits there.

Latest posts

Back