my silver fox doe kindled!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very exciting!! I'm getting some Silver Fox next month and can't wait!

My new black silver fox did too , but she has turned out to be the worst mother I have had in my barn. We went round and round pre-kindle with the nest box. She would take everything out and build a nest on the cage floor and I would put it back in and so forth. This went on for three days. She won and had them on the floor. I swooped in and put them in the nest box. What does she do. Toss them around like so much garbage buried in the litter. That and stomp on them. Ahhhhhhh!!
Somehow they are still alive and I have fostered them to another doe that just kindled today.
I am hoping she will get it next time.
I hope yours turns out to be a better mother than mine.

so far so good. I ended up adding two kits to her nest. one of my meat does did exactly what your sf doe did. three babies were squashed. two were chilled, but I warmed them and stuck them back, and she ignored them. so I'm trying to foster them to Licorice, the silver fox.<br /><br />__________ Mon May 14, 2012 6:40 pm __________<br /><br />dang. one of the kits is dead. hopefully the last foster will make it. the sf kits are fine.

Latest posts

Back