My rabbits - What breed?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piper

Reaction score
Any one have any ideas? I believe the I have a mini lop named Honey Bun (was suppose to be female) and a chocolate (named Hersey) that might be a Satin or Havana? The chocolate does have white tips on his toes.

__________ Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:44 am __________

The lop seems to have a problem with the heat. The chocolate (cool as a cucumber) stays outside (105 out) and crunches ice.
Meat is the priority but I had thought I might sell some as pets - they may not be of a quality to do so, though. Will try for better pictures during the day.
- I was having fun with my LaCrosse battery charger, when I found out that it would charge both AA and AAA, so I had to get my camera going, install editing software and upload photos. There are more photos in my ("new") album that include a couple of wild wood ducks that visited my geese a few weeks ago.
-- I am serious about wanting to breed the chocolate buck, I love his laid back, heat resistance.
I just do not know if he has enough meat on his bones,
if his get will be as slim as he is,
if he is just slim because of the heat
or I do not know enough about rabbits and the main difference between the two bucks - is the thicker coat of the lop.<br /><br />__________ Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:44 am __________<br /><br />The lop seems to have a problem with the heat. The chocolate (cool as a cucumber) stays outside (105 out) and crunches ice.
Meat is the priority but I had thought I might sell some as pets - they may not be of a quality to do so, though. Will try for better pictures during the day.
- I was having fun with my LaCrosse battery charger, when I found out that it would charge both AA and AAA, so I had to get my camera going, install editing software and upload photos. There are more photos in my ("new") album that include a couple of wild wood ducks that visited my geese a few weeks ago.
-- I am serious about wanting to breed the chocolate buck, I love his laid back, heat resistance.
I just do not know if he has enough meat on his bones,
if his get will be as slim as he is,
if he is just slim because of the heat
or I do not know enough about rabbits and the main difference between the two bucks - is the thicker coat of the lop.

Attachments

• 217.JPG
    217.JPG
    1,009.7 KB · Views: 284
  • 210.JPG
    210.JPG
    964.6 KB · Views: 284
  • 225.JPG
    225.JPG
    806 KB · Views: 284
  • 229.JPG
    229.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 284
Havana is a 5 1/2 lb rabbit and satin is a 9 too 10 lb rabbit.Im not positive but the lop looks small too be a mini.might be a Holland lop.

How old it the chocolate bunny? Maybe he's just young, but Satins are a large, round meaty breed. From what I can tell, without him being posed, he doesn't look big enough to be a satin. The other one does look like a holland, in either case, neither is the best choice for meat rabbits.

some better pictures. I think it is time for me to visit some of the "show" breeders around here. Both these rabbits were basically given to me. I am not out (except for feed), because I have learned a lot from them and I am still learning.
-- I think the chocolate has some red eye genes. The lop's eyes do not turn red for the camera, but the chocolate's eyes almost always do.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 247
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 247
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 247
I have no idea if he is an English Spot, but Lauren is right- he looks like a running breed.

Latest posts

Back