My new bunny!!! What color??

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLittleBunny10

Reaction score
Hello! I just got a new bunny!!!
He is a four year old purebred mini lop who has not been named yet... He didn't come with a pedigree though so I am not compleatly sure what color he is... I was thinking lilac...
Here are some pictures:
20140904_130733.jpg
20140904_130631.jpg
20140904_130551.jpg

I don't think he is pointed. He is the same color all over, the lighting made him look a bit darker in a few places.
His belly is also the same color.

Do his eyes have a ruby cast to them? I noticed they are brown looking in the picture, are they really that color? Typically, blue points and smoke pearl even have blue-gray eye color. Sable points however have brown, and can be very smutty/washed out but in the pictures he looks so blue. I would lean more towards a washed out sable point IF his eyes are indeed true brown though. Blue pointed whites are solid white with just points colored, can vary a bit (think himi coloring) but they have red eyes like red eyed whites do so definitely not that.

His eyes are pretty brown, they don't look anything red.
Sable point? He doesn't look at all like that...
He might be a smoke pearl, if he was that would his eyes have to be blue-grey?
Here is another picture:

20140904_130412.jpg

Marshmellow died.. :( <br /><br /> __________ Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:30 am __________ <br /><br /> I have found a name for him!!
Stomageddon! Dark Lord of all!!
Or Stormy for short :)

Sooo cute!!! I'm such a sucker for lops. :roll:

Is he blowing his coat? The pics make it look like his ears and feet are darker (hence all the suggestions of him being pointed). But if he's blowing his coat, his underfluff will be visible and lighter than his guard hairs. If he's usually the color of his ears and feet, I would say he's a lilac. Google "Lilac Mini Lop" and you'll get some good examples.
:)
- TBF

HoppinHalfPints":1ao2v8hr said:
Is that a Doctor Who reference I see? :eek:

"I speak baby."
Yup!

Twobirdsfarm":1ao2v8hr said:
Sooo cute!!! I'm such a sucker for lops. :roll:

Is he blowing his coat? The pics make it look like his ears and feet are darker (hence all the suggestions of him being pointed). But if he's blowing his coat, his underfluff will be visible and lighter than his guard hairs. If he's usually the color of his ears and feet, I would say he's a lilac. Google "Lilac Mini Lop" and you'll get some good examples.
:)- TBF
Yes he is... Thanks!

Latest posts

Back