My nesting boxes...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoonSpiritMom

Reaction score
well they aren't exactly "boxes" persay... rather a wall at the back of the cage. This is who the cage set up came. just a piece of wood that fits into a slot about 10 inches from the back wall of the cage. now my cages are all wood.

I'll try and get photos tonight (or maybe a video and I'll post the youtube link?) of it. like I've said in SOO many posts on here.. i Really HATE this cage set up. but my hubby assures me it was fine for when they were raising meaties 20 years ago.

I have plans to build better cages soon, i've just been so darn busy lately, it hasn't happened.

My does are to kindle around April 1st (that will be day 31/32 to my does) Anyways.. since i have no other cages right now, this is where my does will birth... should I see if i can modify it so that there is a front piece on it? that way no babies get dragged around the cage? Noobie alert! lol

We use a box from supermarket that has 12 1l carton milk boxes in it so its slightly bigger than a shoe box and it also has a top too it then we just cut out front and leave a lip we just put holes in bottom for drainage but not too big so kits get stuck. You just need to change nesting materials more often if bedding gets wet. But it works well. Box needs to be big enough but not too big.

I'm just thinking that my cages wouldn't be big enough to have the nest box in there and allow mom some room too. I think i should just make the other cages and have them birth in there... i dont think there is a way around this really.

Here are mine. Quick and easy to make with a removable floor so when they are bigger the pee/poo goes through and they don't have sit in it.

10.JPG
11.JPG

Latest posts

Back