My Nestboxes

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know how to cut the plastic that the plastic bins are made from - I mean the normal plastic bins you buy at Walmart, etc. I am mentally designing a nestbox with a very simple removable bottom and I think plastic would be a good idea for the bottom panel. I have a lot of old mismatched plastic bins. If I could cut them up into panels, they would work, but the last time I tried, they shattered. Probably because I used a table saw LOL. @Zee-Man any ideas? Razor knife works, but very slow. Ditto soldering iron.
I use a jig saw. And a drill to drill in Air vents and drainage holes in the bottom. They have worked well for me!

Here is a breeder that discusses rabbit nest boxes and materials you can use in them. She shows different commercial boxes and tells their dimensions, as well as benefits and drawbacks of different building materials. She also has a video on making a wooden nest box, although I would want different dimensions than what she mentions as enough for my size rabbits in that video. I used wooden 1'x12's for my box construction.

This was just what I needed to see, thank you!

Latest posts

Back