My morning surprise...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobqdevon

Reaction score
My usual morning routine consists of putting the kids on the bus, then I get my coffee, and go out to check the rabbits in the trailer, then check the ones in the garage. This morning, I went and checked on the ones in the trailer, and after making sure they were set for the day (especially the one we found yesterday with the open wound) I got distracted with a few phone calls before I made it over to the garage.

Me, the youngest boy, and the muppy, go over to the garage, open the door, go in, and shut the door behind us. Fernie, should be following in a few minutes. I see something grey and fuzzy run around the atv, and head for the other side of the garage. My first thought, how did a mouse/rat get in here, when I sealed up all the holes 2 days ago. Then I glance over at the cage that Chewy and Hans are in (on the floor, sitting in a dropping pan, as the hanging cages aren't ready yet). Surprise, it's only Chewy! Somehow, Hans had knocked the feeder out of place, and managed to squeeze his fat 7 week old bunny butt out of a 2" hole, and had been running around the garage free for who knows how long. So after a few minutes of chasing him around the garage, we finally wrangle him. Good thing I sealed up the holes, as there was one by the door he could EASILY have run right out and been a wild bunny, or a snack for a happy loose animal.

Still trying to figure out how he managed to get out of that hole, but at the same time glad he wasn't in a hanging cage, where the drop would have been 4 feet to the concrete floor.

:lol: Its amazing how small a hole a bunny can squeeze through. I'm glad you got him and he's ok. Silly bunny! :)

It was a good thing I had our dog out with me, and not the neighbor's dog. Their dog is not very animal friendly, and we would most definitely had a destroyed garage and one less bunny.

Latest posts

Back