My Little Dog's Final Resting Place

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaSheepdog

Reaction score
We buried my Jack Russell, Chase yesterday. He met his match in a rattlesnake. Hubs and Firstpup found the snake and killed it, and I skinned it and salted the hide last night... my first snakeskin comes with a sad story indeed.

The tree is a Quercus Rubra, an oak which will have red leaves in the fall. It is the tree to the right of the bench.

IMG_9893.JPGIMG_9894.JPG

This is the snakeskin:

IMG_9890.JPG

:) Thanks- only the best for Chase. I'll never listen to Miranda Lambert's The House That Built Me without thinking of him.

"And I bet you didn't know under that live oak
My favorite dog is buried in the yard"

Sorry to hear about Chase MSD, we've lost 2 or 3 dogs to snakebite over the years. On the other hand that's a beautiful spot, don't bother mailing that LH, I've never been to California I'll just come pick it up!

Come on out, Bill! :D We live in the mountains in Kern County. I never knew there were still areas in CA that are so sparsely populated, but we found one!

This view is much better. We like to sit in the pool and look out over the valley. :)

IMG_9895.JPG

MamaSheepdog":qkulzkv5 said:
:) Thanks- only the best for Chase. I'll never listen to Miranda Lambert's The House That Built Me without thinking of him.

"And I bet you didn't know under that live oak
My favorite dog is buried in the yard"

Oh, Sistah....my heart is breaking for you and I have tears in my eyes....I am so very sorry that Chase is gone. Wish I was there to give you this... :grouphug:

Sistah, I was so looking forward to you meeting him. He was a spectacular little dog, who knew a bunch of tricks, and would do anything for beef jerky (or Toblerone!). He was in the top three of my best dogs ever, and it breaks my heart that he is no longer here with me.

The oak tree is a Quercus Rubra, and will have dark red leaves in the fall, symbolic of how my heart bleeds for his loss. :(

Oh, sheesh... Queenpup is playing The House That Built Me and now I'm crying...

MamaSheepdog":tec71f85 said:
Sistah, I was so looking forward to you meeting him. He was a spectacular little dog, who knew a bunch of tricks, and would do anything for beef jerky (or Toblerone!). He was in the top three of my best dogs ever, and it breaks my heart that he is no longer here with me.

The oak tree is a Quercus Rubra, and will have dark red leaves in the fall, symbolic of how my heart bleeds for his loss. :(

Oh, sheesh... Queenpup is playing The House That Built Me and now I'm crying...

:encourage:

I wish I could send you my Chase to comfort you.

Oak trees are my absolute favorite tree. I'll never look at another without thinking about your pup.

Awwwww ((((Mamma ))) Im so sorry :( Sounds like Chase was a fighter. HE will be there to watch over you and your family

I am so sorry about your pup MSD... what a horrible way to lose him.

You have given him a beautiful resting place.

I'm so very sorry, MSD! What a sad way to lose a great dog. :(

Latest posts

Back