My last day of my 30s

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffeenutdesigns

Reaction score
I turn 40 tomorrow. I would love to do something to memorialize the closing of one of such a monumental decade in my life. It seems everything happens in your 30s. You kids do their growing up, you do your growing up. My birthday is a celebration in itself, but what is a great way to close a chapter (or age bracket) in your life? Nothing I can think of seems significant enough.

You know, I think if you get to enjoy that one thing, that one thing that you love the most - surrounded by family at such a happy occasion, or going to a restaurant and having someone cook and serve delicacies to You; those make for happy memories, and it's the other stuff that goes on at that time (jokes someone tells, the unexpected (fill up the gas tank, check your tires, otherwise those things will go down in the 'Remember on my 30th birthday when we had to walk in that freezing cold..." stories that make the memories recallable :)

During High School's career day we got to listen to a Therapist. He said the one thing women seem to love universally, is a quiet hour or two spent in a hot bath with a good book. Just relaxing. One year my team got together to pay for my supervisor to have a Weekend at the Spa - she wasn't sure she'd like it at first, and I though it was kind of a dumb gift. I'd be so uncomfortable and she was sure she would be too. But she came back and said she had never felt so good and she told her husband she wanted a Spa day every year. Who knew?? ;D

Whatever happens, I hope it is befitting, memorable, and joyous. Best wishes!

Personally I like my birthdays to just pass. Give me some money and a piece of cake and leave me alone. The same with anniversaries. My husband's mom calls every year to remind him of our wedding anniversary and tell him to do something nice. We both can't even tell you the date down to the day of when we got married. Last year we actually argued over the year and it hasn't even been 5 yet.. or was this past Aug 5... I don't know. Neither of us have friends in the area aside from 1 that is busy working multiple jobs all week and traveling the country to perform every weekend.

I wanted to have doves released or something like that for my 30th. It rained.

Very seldom do I celebrate my birthday, like Akane, I don't have any close by friends, and my relatives have families with small children of their own, I don't want an adult party filled with a bunch of toddlers. My mother has her birthday two days after mine, we sometimes go out to eat.
But for my 40th, I might save up, have all my animals taken care of, and take a trip somewhere. I've never been on vacation. I'd like to go to Israel.

It wasn't a birthday party I was wanting, just something different to close out my thirties. I ended up not doing much, but what I did do was different enough from my normal routine that I will certainly remember it even if it wasn't epic or newsworthy.

But today is my birthday so I spent it with my hubby and finished up some Christmas shopping and about to have cake and ice cream when the kiddos are all home.

:happybday2u: Happy Birthday Coffeenutdesigns!! Hope you had a wonderful day!!

Thanks, y'all! :) It wasn't too bad, except the whole turning 40 part, lol. I think I'm supposed to act like a grownup now or something.

No don't do that!! The moment you do someone will declare you old!! My grandfather went skiing into his 70s, my mom is in her 50's and still doing half marathons and traveling the world.

LilacGal":m8zz2adj said:
No don't do that!! The moment you do someone will declare you old!! My grandfather went skiing into his 70s, my mom is in her 50's and still doing half marathons and traveling the world.

Okay, if you insist, I will refuse to grow up :D

Back