My husbands job is horrible!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ek.blair

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
OK, not REALLY... My Husband works maintenance as an electrician. There is a LOT of down time during his days at work. The guys in his shop are always working on side projects and they do a lot of cooking. They have one large meal a week that they go all out on and are usually cooking things like prime rib, baby back ribs, fish tacos (with fish someone caught over the weekend), burgers, and lots of other very yummy things. We decided to bring in the majority of the rabbits that we butchered on Sunday and let them come up with a yummy way to serve them. HOLY RABBIT was it GOOD!!! They put them in a brine overnight and then stuffed apples in the body cavity, wrapped bacon around them and then smoked them for about 4 hours. SO tender and tasty!!!! :p
cooked rabbit.JPG

hucklekree":wc7iuw3j said:
Ooo what was the brine that they used?

I don't know the specifics, but it was a basic brine with salt, sugar, and then they added some cajun spices... It was SUPER YUMMY!!! And my favorite part... the belly meat. :p It was almost a jerky, very much like bacon and was so very tasty!!

Back