My Holland Lop

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassdawg

Reaction score
Well it's not what i expected , she keeps me up at night .She will be 12 weeks old an has pedigree slip . I want her to have a good home so does anyone know who would want her ? I live in Irwin , Pa.

Attachments

• miss annabell  1.JPG
    miss annabell 1.JPG
    463.3 KB · Views: 605
You could post her in the Buy and Sell section. But, you know, I think you are giving up on her awfully easily. When you buy any new pet, particularly a baby, you have to expect a settling in and adjustment on both your parts.

I agree with Maggie. ;) Can you put her in a room away from where you sleep, so she won't keep you awake at night?

I would like to humbly suggest that you may be going a bit too far out of your way to make her happy.

It is a two way street, our pets must make us happy too. Of course, it is unreasonable for us to try to negotiate that with them, so if we are un-happy with them it is still our behavior that must change. If you are putting yourself out for her, and feeling bad or resentful to the point of wanting to get rid of her, then stop doing so much. The rabbit has plenty to eat, a clean cage, and water, she is already better off than many a neglected pet. Let her be--put her in a room away from where you sleep, handle her less, do things more the way you want to...I imagine you have had her about a month, let her just chill. She probably got a little too much attention to begin with. She is a teenager, she is grumpy and in a state of transition...

What WERE you expecting, anyway? I know lots of people think rabbits are some benign Disney character, innocent and sweet, but my rabbits personalities tend to be more cat-like, and sometimes prickly. That doesn't mean that they can't mellow out and become gentle and sweet, it just means that like any baby animal they need time and gentle but firm handling. If that is more commitment than you have available, well then you are doing the right thing finding her a different home--it is totally valid to just not be up to it, I often am not when it comes to puppies, for instance.

You just seem unsure of what you really want to do, and she is a nice looking rabbit, so I would hate to have you pass her on before you were sure that was what you wanted to do.

Latest posts

Back