My first litter of French Lops!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nvstickbow

Reaction score
I finally got a litter of French Lops. My little girl kindled on the 13th. She had twelve but lost two right away, the other 10 are doing well. Mom is a Broken Orange doe and Dad is a solid Chinchilla. Can't wait to see what I got as they start getting more fur.

IMG_2755.JPG

Very cute! I see black, broken black, broken blue and possibly a bunch of torts? Hard for me to tell on the others.

Dood":retx1it8 said:
I see chestnuts, fawns, creams (blue fawn), black and blue torts and one broken opal

Are you certain your doe isn't a broken tort?

Definitely listen to Dood on the colors. It's the broken opal the one I said was broken blue? Just wondering what makes it an opal? I think the others will be easier for me to tell when they're a little older. :shrug:

Definitely listen to Dood on the colors. It's the broken opal the one I said was broken blue? Just wondering what makes it an opal? I think the others will be easier for me to tell when they're a little older. :shrug:

The pink on the inside of the ears. Selfs will be self colored inside the ears.

I finally got a litter of French Lops. My little girl kindled on the 13th. She had twelve but lost two right away, the other 10 are doing well. Mom is a Broken Orange doe and Dad is a solid Chinchilla. Can't wait to see what I got as they start getting more fur.

:congratulations:

alforddm":1ufvpa3x said:

So opal is agouti?

Syberchick70":3swowrpa said:
alforddm":3swowrpa said:

So opal is agouti?

:explanation: Opal is blue agouti.

Here is a picture of momma. No ring pattern that I can make out. I was told that she is a broken orange, but that could be incorrect. I don't have any colors equivalent to it in my Rex. The colors are very different in the lops I'm finding. She's out of a broken Chin and a broken Cream. She's got Frosted Pearl, Opal and Silver tipped steel as well. Dad's got blue, sable point, chestnut and tort in his background.
Frenchie.JPG

A better shot of her head would help but if she has no ring pattern and judging by the shadowing on her rump and ears I think she is a very red looking tort and explains why about 50% of her litter is tort instead of 25% you'd expect if she was a orange. I bet her mother was a blue tort and not a cream

Here's a couple more pictures of the doe.
IMG_2762.JPG
IMG_2765.JPG
and babies
IMG_2767.JPG
What color would you say that Momma is? Is there a orange tort?

Orange tort is not a colour

In these pictures she looks more like a smutty fawn/orange or even a high Rufus chestnut :x
But I see two kits are very smutty fawns so this is likely what mom is

If she is wideband it might be hiding her agouti markings around her eyes and nose :shrug:

I seem to remember that Orange can hide agouti rings?

I do see the dark ear lacing, a spot of white on her nose and white underneath? The fur around her eyes looks like it might be lighter as well.

On the other hand, looks like she threw self kits. :)

Here's a 2 1/2 week update. Kits are doing well but we did lose one this morning; it just never seemed to grow and finally died today. Kinda bummed as I'd grown rather fond of the little guy. Nine survivors for a first time mom isn't too bad though.
IMG_2790.JPG
IMG_2791.JPG
IMG_2796.JPG
IMG_2794.JPG
IMG_2797.JPG
IMG_2800.JPGIMG_2802.JPGIMG_2804.JPGIMG_2806.JPG

Latest posts

Back