My chickies are here!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cattle Cait

Reaction score
I ordered some White-Laced Red Cornish chicks to raise as meat birds for fair. They just got here today! Yay!

Attachments

• wlr cornish chicks.jpg
    wlr cornish chicks.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 677
tell me how it goes. I got rid of my barred rock, but I'm considering getting some meat birds this summer.

Am I the ONLY person on God's Green Earth to think that baby chicks are just ugly? *ducking to avoid thrown objects*

OneAcreFarm":2q6jwls1 said:
Am I the ONLY person on God's Green Earth to think that baby chicks are just ugly? *ducking to avoid thrown objects*

I don't think chickens in general are very good looking, but watching them grow is pretty fascinating. More importantly, I like watching them eat.

Those little balls of fluff on legs, ugly? :eek:

I agree that a bit later when they are tatters of feather and loose fluff they are pretty homely... but fluffy new chicks are pretty darned cute. Not as cute as ducklings or goslings, but quite cute.

OneAcreFarm":3tdl6z90 said:

*Holds up a Silkie chick*
Crazy cute peepers! And still oh so cute as adults!
301770_253671807999668_100000705527207_848376_6585373_n.jpg

553760_384182014948646_100000705527207_1241561_1881767466_n.jpg

OneAcreFarm":2izrjsjd said:
Am I the ONLY person on God's Green Earth to think that baby chicks are just ugly?

Yes you are.

Stinky, dusty, and generally unhygienic, but cute all the same. Cuter still when they aren't housed in your living room... did I mention it is snowing AGAIN?!?

*throws multiple snowballs*

MamaSheepdog":1gcv5ngi said:
OneAcreFarm":1gcv5ngi said:
Am I the ONLY person on God's Green Earth to think that baby chicks are just ugly?

Yes you are.

Stinky, dusty, and generally unhygienic, but cute all the same. Cuter still when they aren't housed in your living room... did I mention it is snowing AGAIN?!?

*throws multiple snowballs*

They getter cuter as they approach egg laying age. Or in this case, eating age. They look very handsome on the plate.

Back