My Cat Needs Your Positive Thoughts

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
I posted about this in the chat box, but I wanted to share a photo of her too.

Indica.jpg

Quick run down - Saw kitty at 8pm, she was fine. Two hours later, my dad's losing his mind because the cat's attacked him after jumping up on the window sill and snarling at herself because she's in pain. I think she's broken her leg, but not sure. No idea what happened, but if I find out someone hurt her, they're dead. She goes into the vet tomorrow AM, but could use all the positive and healing thoughts anyone wants to send her way. I'm quite worried about her, as she's my favourite cat. I'll update here after I get back from the vet's tomorrow.

What a pretty kitty! Is she a calico? It looks like she has an orange patch on her head and neck. :?

I hope her leg is okay.

MSD - Kinda, but no. You're right about the orange, but she's a tortoise shell. Calicos are black & orange blotches on a white base, torts are orange blotches on a black base. She's actually a tort w/ white, or a tuxedo tort. We think she's at least part Maine Coon, but aren't sure, as she was a foundling... As in, she found us, and moved herself in. Just showed up one day and lived in our yard for a month while we tried to find whomever owned her, then we gave up and took her to the vet's and let her into the house.

Thanks 3mina. She's a doll, and I hope it's an easy fix too. I don't want to give up on her, but if it's going to cost big bucks to fix her up, I'm worried my dad won't pay :(.

Thanks also Miss M and Rustina. I'll update here after we get back, and tell everyone how it went. I'm so distracted worrying about her that I let 2 rabbits out to run around at the same time. Luckily it was Lily and the immature new guy... Though I'm sure it's a new guy, because he sure did try to satisfy Lily's desires! Any other pairing and I would have been in for some trouble - either more babies in 4 weeks, or another critter to the vet in the morning.

Her name is Indie, by the way.

And yes, in case anyone notices, she does happen to match my dog...

----

And then I spent 3 hours out looking for another of our cats. I was beside myself panicking, thinking that someone stole Alley, or she was also hurt and couldn't make it home, or she was dead... Finally she did come home, though. But this is exactly why I don't like the cats being let out. We live just about right downtown, like 50 feet from the main street. Drunk people are always going up and down our street, and people driving like maniacs, and people fighting/screaming at each other. I wouldn't be surprised if Indie was hurt because someone kicked her, or tried to pick her up by her leg. Oh well. Tomorrow's going to be a long day. It's 4am and I can't fall asleep, and I want to be up to call the vet as soon as it opens.

So sorry to hear about Indie. Hoping it's an easy fix and she's back to her sweet self in no time.

Karen

They can pin and cast a broken leg these days though a very costly solution. :( I wish these things were in the price range of normal human beings.
Did you ever find your other cat? I sure hope so. People can be so inconsiderate and mean.

I will pray for your one cats healing and health and the others safe return.

Alley did come back last night at about 3am. Indie is already doing a lot better, she's limping but baring weight on the injured leg - not broken. Called the vet, they've made room for her in an hour, using up their break between surgeries in the morning and regular appointments. I feel bad that they're doing this, but also, this is exactly why they are my vet. They'll always squeeze someone in, if there's a problem like this.

Sprained knee. Keep her quiet, and pain meds for the next week to help keep her calm. If she's not back to 100% in 2 weeks, back in for xrays, but she should be just fine, thank god.

Me too. I was in full panic mode last night, because she's not a mean cat at all. She doesn't growl, bite or scratch, and she was doing all of that last night, plus wasn't putting any weight on her leg at all. She is still running three leggedly, but she does use her leg at a walk, with a very heavy limp. So glad the vet took her in today though, the pain meds are making her sleep, and that's probably what she needs most. Last night she kept moving and then growling because she hurt :(

I also tend to be overprotective and quick to panic where my pets are concerned.

Oh my, she's gorgeous!!! :p I'm so happy that she seems to be doing better, and hope she fully recovers soon.

Latest posts

Back