My brother in law just died

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivory

Reaction score
Davey's older brother Ed died today.

He had open heart surgery about two weeks ago.

Davey so wanted to go and see him, but at first they wouldn't allow him any visitors except his wife, then Davey got sick again and we couldn't get there anyway.

He must have been getting better, because they were transferring him from Calgary back to the local hospital. As far as we know he died in the ambulance.

I hope Dave is better in time for his funeral. I know he would be very upset to miss it.

Davey had 6 brothers and Ed was by far my favourite.

I'm sorry, Ivory. :(

I hope Davey feels better soon so you can both show your respects to his brother. :clover:

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts, they are very welcome right now.

I think Ed was 68, he already had three heart attacks, so I guess he was already living on borrowed time.

I really hope Davey gets better in time for us to go to the funeral.

The family seems to always be meeting at funerals these days.

His uncle died in March, couldn't go to that funeral because he was still in hospital. A long time family friend died in April. we made it to that one, and his cousin died at the beginning of May, we went to that one too, there were so many people there, about 25 of them had to crowd around the door outside.

Davey owes Ed, because without him, he likely wouldn't have survived. After their mother died, Ed told Davey that the day he (Dave)was born, he (Ed) ran to get the midwife and by the time they got back Davey was blue and not breathing, but the midwife revived him. They lived in a cabin in the middle of nowhere at the time so four year old Ed must have had to run an awful long way.

God Bless You Ed. You were one of the good guys.

So sorry for all your losses. I will keep you and Davey in my heart and prayers. It so difficult to go through these times of loss but when their are so many it can really bring you down. Take care of yourself and Davey. [[[HUGS]]] Hope Davey feels better soon. :(

My sincere condolences. It is so hard to lose someone close to you. Too often, we go into "if only" mode. Know that there is a reason things happened as they did. There is a higher power holding your family in His hand right now.

(prayers for healing and peace for your family)

Latest posts

Back