My Big Ass - ahem, Mule, !

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamond

Reaction score
Having mules or donkeys gives a person to use the term "Ass" quite freely.

I have a really big Ass, her name is Sally Mule, she is 16.2 hands high (translate - I can not see over her back when I stand next to her). My husband and I picked up Sally for a smoking deal last fall (under $400.00). She was young, and sweet, willing to please but completely green. Sally is from a Belgian draft mare and a Mammoth donkey jack.

My husband and I put a good foundation of ground work on her over the late fall, then things got busy. Finally I piked up her training again this summer and have now started her under saddle. She is smart, sweet, and willing. It's been a fun adventure and I am quite proud of her.

So here I am, sitting around on my Ass -

Attachments

• DSCF1780.JPG
    DSCF1780.JPG
    226.6 KB · Views: 1,016
  • DSCF1763.JPG
    DSCF1763.JPG
    242.9 KB · Views: 1,016
  • DSCF1828.JPG
    DSCF1828.JPG
    229.8 KB · Views: 1,016
  • DSCF1847.JPG
    DSCF1847.JPG
    221.4 KB · Views: 1,016
  • DSCF1841.JPG
    DSCF1841.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 1,016
  • DSCF1848.JPG
    DSCF1848.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 1,016
Here's to "sitting on your Ass". You should be very proud. What a handsome animal. If I could, I would have one too.

Karen

You have a very nice Ass, that's for sure!

I love her tail, I always thought mules tended towards the donkey tails, which I'm not too fond of myself.

Wonderful animal, and a nice size for us tall girls! I didn't realize there were any really large donkey breeds. Are you also going to train her to plow or pull? Being part draft horse, she'd probably have no problems.

Beautiful molly-mule....looks like she's as smart as a whip. She's got an ear turned to listen in almost every pic.

grumpy.

She's beautiful! I just saw a mule/draft cross today on Craigs List, and thought how amazing it would be to have one. Sadly, it's hard enough here to get hay for my rabbits and 2 ponies lately! She is beautiful though, and looks really smart!

dragonladyleanne":2tyf19in said:
Wonderful animal, and a nice size for us tall girls! I didn't realize there were any really large donkey breeds. Are you also going to train her to plow or pull? Being part draft horse, she'd probably have no problems.

I did a ton of ground driving when training her to the bit and she took to it like a fish to water. I want to train her in harness this winter. It would be fun to have the "Bell tail" like the Army mules - 3 bells cut into the tail for being able to ride, pack, and drive!<br /><br />__________ Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:21 am __________<br /><br />
dragonladyleanne":2tyf19in said:

The mammoth jackstock donkeys stand at about 14 to 15.2 hands high on average. They have the mellow draft personality that breeders of large equines desire.

http://www.nasma.us/Jacks/

gatta love long ears.<br /><br />__________ Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:05 am __________<br /><br />gatta love long ears.

She is a nice looking girl. I had a team of twin molly mules that were about 13 hh. They were adorable but we never used them. So finally sold them last spring.<br /><br />__________ Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:24 am __________<br /><br />I would love to have one her size.

Latest posts

Back