my 2yr old on a horse!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoxerMom

Reaction score
So a couple weeks ago I decided I wanted to have my son start horse riding lessons. He just turned 2 so it was something of a birthday present. I rode quite a bit when I was younger, but not nearly as much as I would have liked. my son, Torren, loves all animals, and I knew he loved horses as well, but I wasn't sure how much he would like actually being on a horse, though I suspected he would be fine because he's kind of a daredevil. So I set up a trial lesson for him, and he LOVED it!!! So I thought I would share a few pics, I'm a pretty proud mama right now =)

me and Torren
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.jpg

He was sooooo excited!

IMGP2157.jpg

IMGP2142.jpg

He didn't even need me to help, he balanced all by himself and never even slipped once! I just had my hand there for my own peace of mind.
IMGP2145.jpg

Thanks for letting me brag and share!

AWW!! Your son is such a cutie! Congrats to you and happy birthday to him. I wish my mom had been as cool as you. I'd have loved to have had riding lessons when I was growing up. Lucky little tyke!

Thank you :D I wish my mom had been as cool as me, too LOL We try not to spoil him but both my husband and I had retty miserable upbringings, so we like to try to provide for him what we never had. Though he doesn't act spoiled at all, so far so good haha

Nice to see you are not in the blind spot!!!(I hate patents who do not listen to us when we tell them where to walk beside the ponies- insurance rates are higher when the pony rides permit parents to walk alongside!))

I find it really amazing how the little one can balance so well-- but then, horses are used in therapy for many children with balance issues-- And by, do I hear you on the miserable upbringing!!!

Happy Birthday to your son! He's so cute! I think kids and horses are a wonderful mix.

Around here, anyone who has horses pretty much needs and indoor ring, since it snows from October-June, and a lot of people do quite a bit of training on their horses. I hope Torren likes it enough he will want to continue with lessons for a long time.

Back