Multiple Rabbit Discounts

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuddyFarms

Reaction score
Hey everyone-

Do any of you give discounted prices on your rabbits to someone buying multiples? How do you handle that? How much (percentage or amount) do you consider reasonable to take off the price for a discount? How many do they need to buy to get a discount from you? Thanks!

Hey everyone-

Do any of you give discounted prices on your rabbits to someone buying multiples? How do you handle that? How much (percentage or amount) do you consider reasonable to take off the price for a discount? How many do they need to buy to get a discount from you? Thanks!
Depends on what you have to do to make a sale. Think of how much time you spent advertising, waiting to meet the buyer, making the transaction, etc. I would discount up to what your time is worth. I've even given away a rabbit when they bought 2.

I have learned never to give a rabbit away for free. The number of times I've been stabbed in the back for doing so. (rabbits hurt, sold for profit, fed to dogs, etc).

The most I do is a $5-10 discount for more than two rabbits sold.

I'll give 4H kids spending their own money a discount.

If someone buys 3 or more from me I generally take $10 off for a discount, more if it's the FFA/Agri teacher for a school, 4H, etc.

I raise REX (MINI&STANDARD). And currently all PEDIGREED Kits are priced at 50$ each. However if a person wants a cheaper rabbit I do sell for cheaper but they don’t come with pedigree. And I sell for whatever I feel like it anywhere from 45$-5$ dollars depending on how many the person wants to buy. Unrelated but today I had to deal with a bad client. I had my Muscovy Drakes priced at 35$ each. Well I got a call and a man offered 20$ each for 8 ducks, I agreed. And when he got here he still tried to get me to go lower:(. It made me sad and mad. But he did end up paying the 20$ each.( after about 15 minutes of “negotiation”)😑

I raise REX (MINI&STANDARD). And currently all PEDIGREED Kits are priced at 50$ each. However if a person wants a cheaper rabbit I do sell for cheaper but they don’t come with pedigree. And I sell for whatever I feel like it anywhere from 45$-5$ dollars depending on how many the person wants to buy. Unrelated but today I had to deal with a bad client. I had my Muscovy Drakes priced at 35$ each. Well I got a call and a man offered 20$ each for 8 ducks, I agreed. And when he got here he still tried to get me to go lower:(. It made me sad and mad. But he did end up paying the 20$ each.( after about 15 minutes of “negotiation”)😑
Oh my gosh...people like that make me irritated. Once you make a deal with someone, to me, that's a done deal. No need to try getting the price lower. I have a closed rabbitry. Nobody goes in the barn except for me, hubby, and friends, and family. But way back when we first started with rabbits we would let customers go down and look at the rabbits. Then we started having issues where they wanted rabbits that weren't for sale, or their kids would want to open doors and pet the rabbits and I would have to firmly say no and it's just a hassle. Now I take plenty of pictures of rabbits I have for sale and if they are undecided between a few I will bring them and meet them either in town or at the house.
I don't even let my little cousins run wild in the rabbit barn. They are to be quiet, no running or commotion to scare the rabbits and if I have a nervous mom I usually won't even let them go in.

I think this depends on what you are selling...if this is a meat sale of rabbits that you would possibly cull I sometimes will give discounts of 5 or 10 off a lot of rabbits but if these are pedigree breeders/show rabbits I'm much stricter on how low I will go..but regardless neither food, pet or good quality breeder or show animal is free..most are not even cheap 😅

So I just bought 3 rabbits from @KelleyBee . First rate experience BTW! I would never have asked her for a discount. The price is the price. I'll have to drive over an hour to get them. Hey, that is just part of my investment. I don't expect a discount. She has been gracious to offer to meet me part way. THAT is an enormous discount right there.

Folks, you know what it cost to produce your rabbits. You should not feel pressure to reduce your price. As a service professional I have a complex accounting formula with which to determine my hourly rate. Client's sometimes ask why my price is so high. It simply is what it is. In that formula I am looking to make only 20% profit. That is pretty modest. The point is, don't sell yourself short. You are a quality breeder. Get a quality price for your rabbits. If they don't see the quality and want it, they can continue shopping.

Hey everyone-

I bought rabbits recently-tamuks- and because I bought three they dropped the price $5 on each rabbit.

Thanks for everything you have all shared in this thread! Definitely helpful for me to know what others are thinking about it.

Some folks get discounts, but a lot of it depends on who is buying, how many, and how much I want to get rid of the rabbits. There was one fellow who wanted four but only had money for two so he paid for two of them with a credit card. The bunnies here provide fiber for yarn and sometimes they go as ambassadors to fiber festivals so we had a Square card reader and were able to sell him the extra two. I forget if he got a discount or not, but we would have given him one had he asked.

Latest posts

Back