Moving day at Frankie's!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carebear

Reaction score
Frankie's kits (6) are just over 7 weeks old. Saturday we put the mesh divider in to separate them, and today Frankie kindled 8 live kits! The space was too small for her nesting box, so I cobbled one together out of a wash tub and some cardboard. Frankie did great, pulled some fur, and had them all in the box. I moved the older kits into the dog kennel in the garage (grow out pen isn't done yet) and took the divider out to give Frankie some more room. I also gave her a better nesting box. She'd covered the kits with a good amount of fur (she's such a good momma!) and as soon as I put them back in her cage she checked them all over very well, and then accepted some raisins. :) Here's hoping she stays sweet Frankie and doesn't turn into Franken-Doe again!!

Thanks all! Baby bunnies are so stinking cute!
She did a bit of head butting last night when I tried to pet her, but settled down for a forehead rub. Still no ears pinned back (yay) so I have my fingers crossed. But just in case I've attaced her food crock to the door and I have an extra water bottle that goes on the outside.
I am so enjoying these rabbits! Thanks RT for so much good info!

Latest posts

Back