More new kits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craneman54

Reaction score
It is 10:44 here and I just went check on a doe that was due last night.That didn't happen. She is in the process of kindling now . I didn't want to take them out of the nest box tonight as it is getting pretty cold out side. I did put my hand in there and felt several (maybe 5 or 6) moving around. There was one inside the front of the nesting box that is dead. Looks like Mom stepped on it. Got rid of it and now she is back in the nest checking on the kits or maybe having more.
Will find out in the AM and post any changes.

I started raising rabbits in August with 4 does and 1 buck. The first 2 months none of my does would breed for hell of high water. Now I have all 4 does with kits. :D

:gnight: and have a Happy New Year.

OK she wound up with 8 kits alive. Not to sure she is feeding them enough. Bellies weren't as round as I would like. I will check real close tomorrow morning.

Congratulations on not one, but FOUR litters! :bouncy:

craneman54":1sq72ql1 said:
Not to sure she is feeding them enough. Bellies weren't as round as I would like.

Some does don't get their milk in right away. Hopefully they will have full bellies tomorrow. :clover:

Yep and they are a bunch of mouths to feed. I swear they poop twice what they eat!! :lol:

I need to get off my butt tomorrow and install the grow out cages I made along with another single cage.

Need more wire. Sure hope the place I get the wire from is open tomorrow and that it's not raining too hard and it's not too cold. :roll:

I finally found someone who wants the rabbit raisins,he also wants some fryers when my oldest bunnies are big enough.

craneman54":2am20vf6 said:
I swear they poop twice what they eat!! :lol:

I have been bagging up my "bunny berries" in my empty feed sacks for a while now, and surprisingly, their output is pretty darn close to their intake. I think they eat just to make us think they need us, because they sure don't seem to use much of the food up before it comes out the other end!

craneman54":2am20vf6 said:
I finally found someone who wants to rabbit raisins

Eh? Come again? :? Raise rabbits, maybe?

I finally found someone who wants the rabbit raisins

Fixed it!

Dang lady, you sure are tough on an old fart like me. :laugh2:

I have been bagging up my "bunny berries" in my empty feed sacks for a while now

Yep same here. I spread 4 bags of the stuff under my pecan trees last week. Then the guy tells me Tuesday he wants them. :rant:

craneman54":27rcerm0 said:
Dang lady, you sure are tough on an old fart like me. :laugh2:

Lol! Sorry, but I really had no clue what you were talking about. :oops:

Of course, after staying up until all hours and having way too much fun ringing in the New Year :drunk: , brain function is at a low ebb currently. ;)

craneman54":3tfg7z9z said:
No need to feel :oops:. I just like to mess with people.LOL

Oh, you do, do you? I happen to know someone like that...

Game on, then. :twisted:

Back