mixing breeds for meat

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lissapell

Reaction score
Were all set up to pick up our SF and NZW rabbits for meat. My daughter is interested in American Blues for pets and possibly show (not that I know a thing about show rabbits!). I have found they were also a meat breed but was wondering if I bred them into our SF would the 2 body types mesh or would the offspring still maintain 2 distinct body types? How would the coat of the AB effect the SF in terms of density? I realize some of it is just trial and error.<br /><br />__________ Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:03 pm __________<br /><br />Sorry, maybe I should have posted in w/ genetics rather than meat.

I moved it to genetics. :)

I think I've seen stuff about crosses between the two body types. If I recall correctly, they end up in between for the most part. not quite arch, where the back goes up right behind the head, but not quite mandolin, where there's a long area between the head and the arch. I'm sure you'll get some better answers, though. :D

Back