missed this site

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demamma

Reaction score
I've been not on here much lately. Been occupied with stuff in my life and took me awhile to get used to changes to the forums. I realized something....I missed being here. Came on tonight and was sad for Grumpy. Was envious of someone's chance to get some nice cage wire. I got a interesting thought picture from OAF about a bucket that made me laugh. I missed you all here. Here is what is happening here. I am almost finished with 21 rabbit hides. My daughter Emmz101 decided to leave this summer to go on a church mission. She will be gone 18 months. So while she is gone my rabbitry will grow by about 4 more rabbits. One being a Flemish giant. I might also end up with her half blind Pomeranian pup if the other home falls through. I'm very pleased with her decision to go. She will be devoting 18 months to serving others. By the time she comes back She will be changed and grown. On a sad note my middle teen son who suffers from bi polar is having hard times so my heart is breaking for him. Looking forward to the summer. My good friend is helping me get a evaporative cooler and fix it up. Plan on fixing up the carport with tarps so I can breed through the summer. Since last summer's break alot of the rabbits are not breeding well. No more breaks for them. Half the rabbits I bred for fair meat pens did not take. Luckily I have enough for the 4-Hers who contacted me but I can only give them 3. Usually I like to give them 4. So that's what's happening here.

Hi Demamma!

Glad to see you back!

My friend's daughter was just on a week long mission in Mexico. Thankfully, everything went well, but boy were her mom and I worried... she had never been out of the country, and with the drug cartel activity there, we were very anxious for her.

I hope Emmz has a great experience! She will be a changed young lady when you see her next!

I'm sure your son is having a hard time with the thought of not seeing her for so long, and it will take him a while to adjust. Maybe that is why he is going through a rough patch right now?

Demamma":2ulxhhyc said:
I might also end up with her half blind Pomeranian pup if the other home falls through.

There is someone on the Bakersfield CL looking for a "special needs puppy", and they have experience with blind dogs. http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/pet/4365638287.html

I'll be attending a show in Fresno this weekend- maybe you could arrange to transport it there and I could take it to them? <br /><br /> __________ Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:07 am __________ <br /><br /> Oops! Accidentally hit "submit" and wasn't done yet! :oops: :lol:

Demamma":2ulxhhyc said:
Since last summer's break alot of the rabbits are not breeding well. No more breaks for them.

I don't work my does very hard, but do try to breed them every two to three months or so if their condition looks good. Rabbits that don't regain condition in a timely manner end up in the stew pot.

My rabbits have been producing all winter with no supplemental heat or light.

Thanks MSD. Emmz is going to contact the lady about her dog. Her little Bentley would get better care than with me. She is giving up a lot to be able to go on her mission.

Back