Mini rex critiques

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindseysWoolies

Reaction score
I got these guys free today. They are "culls" from a top show breeder. I am keeping maybe a trio and the other girls are going to be dinner. These are going to be mostly for just small meat rabbits and maybe a show every once in a while if I get a nice one. I have to say my favorites are the otter, blue and tort but I know the broken black is probably better than the tort. excuse the blurry cell phone pics ill get real pics soon.
Molting dirty black otter doe
8389202386_93408048db_z.jpg

tort doe
8389202976_00491ab8cb_z.jpg

broken black doe
8388115151_33370cb250_z.jpg

blue doe
8389204606_9f0fdb50ba_z.jpg

broken chocolate otter doe
8388116227_534aab60f3_z.jpg

broken chocolate otter doe
8389205256_5f8c41c408_z.jpg

Chocolate buck
8388117381_f35edd1f6b_z.jpg

8388118397_daba9c3b2b_z.jpg

Again these aren't good poses I am just learning commercial type posing i am used to jersey woolies lol

I have no idea on conformation of your rabbits but they are all beautiful! My son has a chocolate doe and we just love her. Still trying to figure out myself how to judge them for conformation.

All I can see is they have too long of a shoulder. otherwise they have good depth and height. A shorter should and some more width and you will have a nice one. They certainly look meaty :)

I like the blue and black otter the best for the does. The black otter looks a little sunburned.

LOL well atleast you can always practice with the mini lops when you are over lindsey hehe they cooperate ;) I'm off to clean out the rabbitry and process the rest now. When you get 60 or so culls from a rabbitry of over 200-300....you can't process fast enough LOL Some of the culls made an excellent pot pie a few days ago. Think I'm going to throw some of the Mini Rex I processed into the crock pot today. yum yum! The amount of feed and poop they go through is AMAZING. It's been pooring for 4-5 days and they have pooped so much >.< After the ones that have gone to snake food and to lindsey...I feel like I have about 20 still down there....still eating...making poop....I'm off! lol

They eat more than the SF, and as much as the Standard Rex. When I get rid of mine the feed bill will drop!

These guys do eat a lot. I am used to my jersey woolies though. When I went to Ashley's (peachs) house I grabbed the rabbits that were the prettiest lol. There were probably better ones but it was raining and nasty and I didn't have time to pose all of them so I got the ones that were the colors I liked. I had 7 young 8 week olds too but I didn't bother with them I just took them to a pet store and sold them for $10 each.

I think my favorite from this group of adults is the blue. She is gorgeous.

I was culling and I couldn't bring myself to cull this doe xD She is sweet and looks like a cow LOL I'm a sucker for black and whites. Maybe...just maybe....I'll keep her around for a while.

DSC_0070_zps078c6a8f.jpg
DSC_0071_zps0cba456a.jpg

I like her. If you decide to cull her she can come live with me. ;) I like her pattern she looks like she has Dalmatian spots.

Latest posts

Back