Mike mowed the lawn...sigh...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
no dandelions. no plantain. no hay. oh BOTHER. At least he didn't take down the mulberryies or apple trees, so the critters can have something.

I REALLY need to get them out to the farm. (yes, everyone is still in the house in town). The plantain out there is HUGE this year.

Poor bunnies! :(

It's taken me years to convince Brian not to mow certain areas without checking with me first. "No, don't mow on top of the septic bed until I can harvest the shepherd's purse seed." "Don't cut that strip at the front with all the chicory." This is the first year that he seems to "get it" and realize that the main purpose in having lawn is to provide bunny forage.

*sigh* our neighbor mowed the ditch where all the best plantain grows....it is starting to grow back now. On a good note, we had a storm the other night that produced hail. While it did beat the heck out of my plants, it busted open the pods on the arugula I was letting go to seed. I now have about a million arugula seedlings growing all over that one garden bed, LOL!

My hubby mows the yard/fields and I rake the grass and weed clippings. Right now its for my chooks and the garden but when we get our rabbits, Muscovies and goats I will feed it to them too.

I am working really hard to get set up so I can store all my excess. There isn't much excess now because I am laying down a 4-6 inch layer of mulch on our entire 100'x25' vegetable garden. Soon though the excess! lol

A really nice gentleman turned me on to this forum and I am glad he did. I have been wanting to raise my rabbits in a colony for years and to find a forum dedicated to it is just too neat! :bunnyhop:

Back