Midwest Blizzard

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnClaire

Reaction score
Well, we survived! :p

We got 19" accumulation at my house even with all the blowing and I have a 3.5' drift in my back yard! We only had a power dropout for a minute, so didn't even have to light the kerosene lamps. I had just gotten them all cleaned and topped off from using them during the snow a few days before when the power company managed to blow the transformer while looking for an arcing spot LOL

I also roasted a turkey so we have been tucked in all snug and warm! And I thank whoever invented insulated coveralls!!! LOL Those have been a blessing through the wicked cold and snow this winter when I have to go feed and water!!!

View from back porch ... the plastic sheets are on the bunny cages and their water crocks only skimmed over with ice!

blizzard2013_01_zpsca269e28.jpg

wow Iowa got 2". It was very unimpressive. The half frozen stuff under the snow was more of a problem and required the 4wheel drive on my truck.

We didn't get any snow this winter. Sniff. I have snow envy...
WooHoo for plastic sheeting!!

That plastic is the ultimate in scrounging ... I FOUND that roll laying in the middle of the road last summer LOL

We've only had a couple of tiny snows this year. A few inches here and there.

That pic is awesome (I love the snow).

LOL - we have only had 4 snows that amounted to much in the 17 years we have been back, so I am really happy to have this much, even if it is all at once :p That is about 24" of snow in that shot :D

We've gotten buried, but dodged the last two blowing by. Yesterday it was supposed to ice over with 1-3 inches of snow, did not happen. two days of rain, tomorrow is supposed to snow, we shall see.

The snow is always so pretty after a fresh snowfall!

WE got a dusting yesterday-- covers what I need to c lean up in the yard-- I am a bit tired of it this year-- but that is becasue it does not make for safe footing for me, and I am frustrated by the inability to get Gunny out for training and exercise....

Latest posts

Back