MIA

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fernie

Caretaker of Millions
Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Bob and I have been MIA. We are both sorry, but have good reasons. Bob's truck caught fire back in March. The insurance company said was totaled. That was fine we just ran and went crazy for three weeks trying to get it settled. Finally did and started the search for a new truck. Was replaced this week.

While this was being settled we find out that two of our children are being bullied. One was suspended for poor choice of words. His word choice did keep the bully from beating him up. No we did not punish him, but explained that some words can not be used. The other child was being chased around the play ground and pushed and shoved by the same boy. The school did nothing to him. The oldest boy melting down daily at school and we were called to deal with it. Our daughter was being taught how to fold laundry. We pulled them and are now homeschooling. The kids are happier.

We also have been busy with animal care. We have culled down to 12 rabbits with 4 babies to grow out. We now have 11 Welsummer chicks in the front room in a brooder, 4 bantam chicks in a brooder in our bedroom, 3 month old Pekin ducklings and 4 two week old Rouen ducklings out in the garage. I also have 49 eggs in the incubator due to hatch out the beginning of May. Then last week DH rolled my trailblazer. It is totaled. 5300 dollar truck with 12,000 dollars in damage.

Now I have to go and clean rabbit cages and muck and stuff. At least as long as it doesn't rain otherwise it is start seeds for this summer's gardens.....

Dang!! Well it will get better. One day at a time and one foot in front of the other. Look on the bright side though, you have a new truck!

Wow, what a string of bad luck. So sorry.

Glad to see you back, despite what you've been going through :)

Oh, my word, Fernie... I've been wondering where y'all went... I'm so sorry about the vehicles, and the bullying. Glad to hear your kids are doing well in homeschooling, and all the critters you've got!

Amazing... do nothing to the bully, suspend the victim for WORDS he said to try to get the bully to stop. :?

Sorry to hear about all the bad luck you have had. Hoping for better times ahead for you. Bullying stinks. I'm trying to get my x to allow my 11 year old to homeschool for a year. She is being bullied and her self esteem is shot. Schools often do not deal harsh with the bullies.

We are taking one day at a time. Daughter is getting minor surgery today to close her old g-tube site. Tools her we may have to get her some chicks for a reward for being brave. Bob had an ultrasound done on his thyroid today. Hoping that is nothing.

Everything good with daughter.

Bob got his results back for the thyroid. He getting a medication to help boost it and rechecked in 3 months. No cancer at least. Everything else checked out good.

Back