Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivory

Reaction score
I have no idea which category to post this in so it's here.

I have been trying to send a message to MamaSheepdog (I sent it three times, did you get it?) but it looks to me as though, instead of the message going to its recipient, it is just sitting in the outbox.

What am I doing wrong?

i have noticed that until they actually Read the message... it looks on my end that a message has not gone thru. ( and have seen that on other forums as well.)

Not certain when You messaged MSD... but she's off to a bunny show today.... as conscientious as she is... i Believe she will get back to You.

Keep in mind that people can preview the message in their email notification, the one that tells them they have a private message waiting. So, it's entirely possible a message has been read before being picked up on the forum. I'm not saying that happened in this case, just making a general statement.

Also, people should never reply to the notification email directly. We've had that happen several times, so I've added a couple lines to it explaining the need to log in and reply through the board.

Hello all,

yes indeed, I was gone all day. Thanks for the "conscientious" comment, RR! :D

Ivory, I have replied to your PM's, and there were only two. ;)

MamaSheepdog":27zbiqkm said:
Hello all,

yes indeed, I was gone all day. Thanks for the "conscientious" comment, RR! :D

Ivory, I have replied to your PM's, and there were only two. ;)

Now that you have the messages, you have to start a thread on how the show went.

I will! What a BLAST!!! Best show evah! :p

Buns are still in the car though- so it will be a bit of a wait. ;)

Thanks for the explanation. At least I'll know not to send the same message numerous times in future.

Also, people should never reply to the notification email directly. We've had that happen several times, so I've added a couple lines to it explaining the need to log in and reply through the board.

why not? Just curious.

ladysown":zdyk4rcj said:

why not? Just curious.

Because that mail would go to me, not the person they're trying to respond to.

I seem to remember forwarding at least one message to you, Ladysown but it was a while ago. The thing is, private messages should be confidential and if they come to MC and me, it kind of defeats the purpose -- as well as making more work for us.

I can't speak to how the recipients are getting the messages, but responding to the email would expose your email address to the recipients, if they indeed are receiving the replies to the emails.

Latest posts

Back