Meet the new bunnies! (2 pictures)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
First, we have General Custard. (he was named Shrek when I got him, but I brought him in the house, and he looked just like the custard I'd made, so...) He's VERY skinny, backbone obvious, very light weight for his size. At first I thought poor feed, but he'd been getting 18% high grade feed, so now..given that he has the same problem with his wool that the other 2 have(very rough wool), I'm thinking worms. We'll see.

He has a good appetite now..finishing up his alfalfa hay and a full cup of pellets, and he HAS gained a couple of ounces, but he'll get wormed anyway :)

DSCF6870.jpg

And this is Fiona :) Sweet junior doe, better condition than either Custard or Mrs. C (the senior doe who is NOT pictured, but looks just like Fiona). All three rabbits are very very easy to work with, although Fiona is curious about everything and rarely sits still on the grooming table :shock:

DSCF6859.jpg

Anntann":2u13eons said:
:D By the time you're ready to move back to civilization these two will have made babies :) (probably multiple times) I'll be HAPPY to supply you with anyone you want :lol:

I'm sure you would lol but I can't have Harlies, and Angoras, and Americans, and Beverens, and Plush Lops lol.

tomcatrabbitry":2svuhmik said:
Anntann":2svuhmik said:
:D By the time you're ready to move back to civilization these two will have made babies :) (probably multiple times) I'll be HAPPY to supply you with anyone you want :lol:

I'm sure you would lol but I can't have Harlies, and Angoras, and Americans, and Beverens, and Plush Lops lol.

Sure you can! :twisted:

---

Anne, I love the colour of your new bunnies! I'll bet their wool will spin up beautifully!

Sure hope you can get General Custard into good condition. You might try giving him some pumpkin seeds... They are so nutritious and may also help if he has parasites.

I have almost 30 pumpkins still in the pantry from last summer. I'll do it! Easy enough to scoop out all seeds and stringy stuff and then just can the pumpkin chunks.

He's only about 6lbs (with his length he should be about 8 or more). How much pumpkin seed would you suggest?

I love their colors! Hopefully, they'll have some more weight on them soon. Knowing you, they will be fat and happy in no time...well, not fat, fat...you know what I mean. ;)

:lol: yah...most of my rabbits are pretty chunky at the moment. No one gets more than a 1" piece of carrot or other super sugary treat, but I sure seem to heap on the alfalfa. :roll: The colony girls aren't fat, just really nicely muscled, so I'm fine with that. But Thorbunny is starting to look a bit...er....well, he's reminding me of a beerguzzling couch potato! :eek: So...he's now on a 50/50 alfalfa/grass hay, and grains (barley mainly).

Maggie...he does eat greens. Loves romaine and parsley and carrot tops. I just planted some Plantago major in a pan and am hoping to start feeding that soon.

Latest posts

Back