Meet Hazel

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mystang89

Reaction score
My wife and I finally found another full blooded Australian Shepherd - this time a female - playmate for Griffin. We, as the title suggests, named her Hazel. Griffin is in love with her as are the kids. If anyone remembers the huge sheepdog from Looney Toons that said, "I'm going to love him, and pet him and call him George." Well, that is pretty much what my 1 year old has taken to doing with her. So far she's tried to pick her up by the ears. Didn't work so well since she a bit larger than a baby rabbit :)

Attachments

• IMG_20140215_185858.jpg
    IMG_20140215_185858.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 604
  • IMG_20140215_185804.jpg
    IMG_20140215_185804.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 604
  • hazel.jpg
    hazel.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 604
:congratulations:

FINALLY!!!

She is adorable, Mystang!

Boy, you named her fast! Y'all must be pretty good at naming babies by now though, since you are up to- what?- like 17 kids now? :twisted: :pokeeye:

Hubs has a black-bi pup that we kept from our last litter, who is now 14 weeks old and still not named! We were thinking of calling her Pesto- she will be Sherlock's mate and Basil is his other "wife"... but now Hubs is not sure.

But I digress... :roll:

She is very pretty, and looks like she is going to have a pretty head. Some females can be a bit "snipy" looking, but I think she is going to have a nice broad head and muzzle without being masculine looking.

lol - thanks. We've been waiting for this moment for a while. I'm glad to be able to take down the 4 or 5 websites that I was searching for dogs on. The drive there was about 1 1/2 hours with our 5 kids (not 17 lol.....yet) so we had to occupy our time somehow. Every truck we went past we'd read and see if there was a word on it that sounded good :p

OMgosh, she is adorable! :love: her!

Aussies are such an awesome breed. Someday................. ;)
Thanks for sharing, and good luck with her!

She looks...trying for the best word...SWEET! Definitely sweet. Also CURIOUS and ENERGETIC and LOVING and ALERT and (uh-oh!) VERY, VERY FOCUSED. I'm glad there are enough people around to keep her busy. Very busy. :wink:

You know the saying: a tired puppy is a good puppy. :D

Thanks everyone. After last night I can definitely say she's a keeper. She's only peed in the house once and gone outside 3 times already so she's batting a 75% average which I can live with =P Plus she slept 4 hours at a time which is better than most of our new born babies.

The only thing I can't figure out....how in this world do you all post these pictures of the dogs posing?! They're all sitting up nice and straight, looking at the camera, or rolled over on their backs like a cat. Photoshopped I tell you!!!! I had to take time lapped pictures of her to get the ones you saw. That was like 30 of the darn pictures just to get the 3 you see lol!

Now its time to try to get her used to our type of food. You know the good kind that doesn't look like little toys and small bones. Probably was kibbles and bits. Sorry for all those who do feed their dogs kibbles and bits, I'm just not a big fan of them :D <br /><br /> __________ Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:50 am __________ <br /><br /> Hazel is starting to get more comfortable around here and playing a bit more freely. I was playing tug-of-war with Griffin last night and wanted to get her in on it so I put the rope around her. That peaked her curiosity and it was like a fish biting a hook lol. :lol: This went on for a good 10 min. She's try with all her might to pull the rope away from Griffin or pull Griffin around the floor only to be pulled back to the steps. She'd take the rope back to her stop where Griffin would pull her across the floor the entire way. I think I just discovered a new way to mop my floors! :p BTW, don't pay attention to the floor. It's and unfinished finished project... :cry:

http://youtu.be/WXlrGu3SHdY

I tried to embed the video but I'm not techy enough :( :geek:

Ahhhh! So beautiful! It's nice to see what she'll look like when she gets older :) She has already gotten plenty bigger and its amazed me to see how much she's learned from Griffin along with how well they get along. Was definitely a good idea to find her. :D

She looks like she has a full tail? I love aussies though my BC boy is awesome as well. Hope you have a long and fruitful life together. :D

Yeah, she has a full tail. I'd been looking for someone who didn't dock tails for a long time and had just about given up hope. Went about 3hours to pick her up and found out while I was there she didn't have hers docked. My wife and I high fived lol Nothing like watching two grown ups high five in order to see how old they are :p

LOL yeah I know how that is. I am glad you found a breeder that doesn't dock the tails. I have to go to a new state to find one. Once I move to my new place, in about 6-8 months, I plan on finding another dog.

I think I've finally figured out why they dock the tails....show the dumb dogs can't sit there and bite and chase their tail lol :D Watched her do that for about 15 min today. Everytime I got ready to video it she'd stop, then after I put it away she'd start it again. I think she did it on purpose.

Back