Meet Clyde

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frecs

Reaction score
I have learned that there is a very good reason why barns have resident cats. I don't have a "barn" but I do have animal feed which apparently is an calling card for mice.

So, down to the county "Animal Protected Services" shelter to interview potential barn cats. Here is the winning application for the job:
Clyde.jpg

And, yes, that is a nestbox in the background! I need to keep Clyde penned for a few days to acclimate him and I could not get the pet carrier to fit nicely with room for the litterbox so...I am using a nestbox as his bed.

He is a very sweet and very big boy! (neutered!)

Is he friendly, or was he born as a barn cat / caught as one? He's very pretty!
Soon you'll have be picking them up daily... :cats-bed: :cat-hug: :cat-rub: :catlady:

Awwww He looks like a sweety! He's a pretty kitty! :congratulations: :cat-rub:

He's very handsome!

My cats love sleeping in nestboxes, so I am sure he will be quite content.

I hope he enjoys his new job!

CochinBrahmaLover":7qkdr5eu said:
Is he friendly, or was he born as a barn cat / caught as one? He's very pretty!
Soon you'll have be picking them up daily... :cats-bed: :cat-hug: :cat-rub: :catlady:

I'm honestly not sure if he was a relinquish or a feral pick-up. They said he had been at the shelter for awhile. She (the volunteer who was doing a major sales pitch for Clyde) said that "he would be a very good mouser and is very in control of himself." He does seem to be a very gentlemanly cat. Let's hope she is right about his mousing skills!

__________ Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:03 am __________

MamaSheepdog":7qkdr5eu said:
He's very handsome!

My cats love sleeping in nestboxes, so I am sure he will be quite content.

I hope he enjoys his new job!

He seems to be enjoying the nestbox very much. :D<br /><br />__________ Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:04 am __________<br /><br />
Miss M":7qkdr5eu said:
Hope he keeps your place mouse- and rat-free! :clover:

I sure hope so!! :p

He is a handsome fellow, isn't he? :D

I hope he works out well for you... He'll be a lot happier being your extermination agent than he was at the shelter. Marilla sends him a friendly purr. :roll:

Back