meat rabbit start up questions

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can upload to facebook or google photos, make sure the photos are set to public, and then post the link of the photo like this. The you don't have to worry about re-sizing anything.

Code:
[img]http://the full link to your photos.com/interesting stuff 18739487193lkadjfkj[/img]

Just be sure to have the image tags
Code:
[img][/img]
around the url of your photo.

The url also needs to be the url to the actual photo which you can get be right clicking on the photo and selecting "copy image address" or something similar.

CherryRun":d7c1dhyj said:
Awe I'm loving that black bun that your Rosemary and Cumin produced, so cute!

She is very fluffy. My daughter is looking forward to her weaning date. :lol: :lol: Rosemary is suppose to be her rabbit but she's not a cuddle bunny. But little lavender will be.

Ya got to watch that chicken wire. :x From my understanding rabbits can chew right through it, and predators can rip through it also. An old farmer once said "Chicken wire is good for only 2 things. Keeping chickens in or keeping chickens out." :x :lol: :lol:

Good looking rabbits.

thanks for the heads up on the chewing as for predators my back yard had a 8ft privacy fence so they will be limited to birds, evem if they escape its been rat proofed for my pet rats so they would at least have a chance i hope if i give them plenty to chew on they will leave the cage out of it

My only words of wisdom are fingerless welding gloves and big doors on your cages! :D Is your mama bun thin? Its hard to tell from the photo. All the rest look lovely.

I have one doe of Chin descent who is from my first rabbits, she too is very easily stressed out. Wonder if its a Chin thing?

Dittos on the big doors. Especially since you said your cages are 4' deep. You're going to find that when a rabbit does not want you to catch it that a 4' deep cage is going to make it nearly impossible to catch. With a cage that deep, you'll need a door wide enough for you to get both arms in. I'd bet that you decide to change that after a while. If and when the day comes that you can't get a hold of a rabbit that doesn't want to be caught, be careful that it doesn't incite anger. It's easy to do, but totally non-productive. Your rabbits will sense your mood and react to it. And they will learn to fear you if you are not always consistently at peace with them. There's not much worse than keeping rabbits that are fearful. Timid is one thing, but downright fear is hard to change. So, if you feel frustration welling up, back away and come back when you are at peace.

I have some cages that are 30" deep, and that's too much. I'm replacing them with 24" deep cages. That seems to be a pretty common cage depth with a lot of the members here.

Stephanie":3lxk6h4f said:
Dittos on the big doors. Especially since you said your cages are 4' deep. You're going to find that when a rabbit does not want you to catch it that a 4' deep cage is going to make it nearly impossible to catch. With a cage that deep, you'll need a door wide enough for you to get both arms in. I'd bet that you decide to change that after a while. If and when the day comes that you can't get a hold of a rabbit that doesn't want to be caught, be careful that it doesn't incite anger. It's easy to do, but totally non-productive. Your rabbits will sense your mood and react to it. And they will learn to fear you if you are not always consistently at peace with them. There's not much worse than keeping rabbits that are fearful. Timid is one thing, but downright fear is hard to change. So, if you feel frustration welling up, back away and come back when you are at peace.

I have some cages that are 30" deep, and that's too much. I'm replacing them with 24" deep cages. That seems to be a pretty common cage depth with a lot of the members here.

Yep, me too and they are being sold off now. I had to get my entire front half INSIDE the cage to reach a bunny pressed against the back of the cage.

sorry I haven't replied in so long my cage doors are actually big enough for me to crawl in I have had luck with not chewing I did lose my 2 female mixes to a uri I still have my 10 week old make my 5 month old am chin female and now a 9 month old Flemish giant doe that I got imply because I love the breed i'm going to get another meat mix female and keep it at 4 keepers(the original plan just un expected breeds lol) my Flemish is super skittish but started sniffing me the other day and my am chin that was aggressive I now my lap baby and my male lives for belly rubbs

Latest posts

Back